Hacking Wii U Pro Controller to PC program release

OneSLice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do these only work with games that have 360 controller support? it doesnt just make the controller recognized as a gamepad itself? I cant seem to get it to work with anything

Marty91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So do these only work with games that have 360 controller support? it doesnt just make the controller recognized as a gamepad itself? I cant seem to get it to work with anything

I'm afraid so. Well, the WUPC program works with pretty much anything, as all it does is map directly to keyboard keys. The xinput files work only with certain things that can recognize 360 controllers.

OneSLice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm afraid so. Well, the WUPC program works with pretty much anything, as all it does is map directly to keyboard keys. The xinput files work only with certain things that can recognize 360 controllers.

Alright thanks!! ive been trying to use it with Super meat boy but have been having a lot of trouble

Cyber7777

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I just stumbled on this thread because I was interested in using my pro controller for PC games.

However, I have on-board bluetooth built into my laptop. No matter how many times Microsoft's bluetooth is uninstalled, it comes back after every restart. Using the advice in:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-rvl-cnt-01-tr?page=52, signature enforcement was disabled, but it still reinstalls itself....​
Another method was right clicking on computer > properties > advanced system settings > hardware tab > Device installation settings​
From here, you choose: "No, let me choose what to do" and then "Never install driver software from windows update." I clicked both of those and saved changes, but still the generic bluetooth reinstalls.​

Xemizo

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Im trying to use the xinput files to emulate the Xbox 360 controller, but I made it work just once. Every time I try to use it the game doesn't detect the controller as an xbox 360 one, it just appear the message of beta version for wii pro controller but it just doesn't works in game.

I don't know how but I made it work once, I tried it with Dark Souls and Super Street Fighter and it worked flawlessly, now I cant make it work.

If I use the "WiiUProControllerWin" exe it ALWAYS works tho.

Any ideas?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The instructions are so spread out (with tons of "oops, that wasn't right" posts) that it's impossible to figure out what to do. The files aren't even on the original post. I'm trying to get the analog sticks working like they should, instead of mapping them to the keyboard.

On another note, do I need to have vJoy installed?

Cyryus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The instructions are so spread out (with tons of "oops, that wasn't right" posts) that it's impossible to figure out what to do. The files aren't even on the original post. I'm trying to get the analog sticks working like they should, instead of mapping them to the keyboard.

On another note, do I need to have vJoy installed?

Due to the awesome work of Daku93's DLL files and spending some time to sort through this thread to figure out exactly how to get this to work, I figured I would make a short step by step tutorial to help everyone else! Enjoy!

1 - Alright well you must download the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack 8.0 (to sync your WiiU Pro Controller) from http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/index.php?page=download-toshiba Then once installed, sync the Wii U Pro like a normal bluetooth device using the new BT app (no pin #) and let the buttons continue to flash on the controller.

2 - Follow the steps from http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-pro-controller-to-pc-program-release.343159/page-13#post-4654493 to break the 30 day restrictions of the bluetooth program.

3 - Download the 4 DLL files from http://www.mediafire.com/download/2xe936ozwus2u80/ProController_v0.1b.rar and place them in each of the game's folder that has the .EXE in it that you would like to use the Wii U Pro. (The game MUST fully supports an X-Box 360 Controller to work.)

4 - Once theses files are placed in there. Launch the game like normal (works for Steam games as well), A little dialogue box will pop saying its not fully 100% guarantee to work, hit okay and the game will start, the controller will flash and will permanently turn on (player 1 light on controller stays on). And done!

But please note, because its pretending to be a 360 controller, the buttons on Wii U Pro Controller are mapped to the same letter buttons on the 360 controller. So A (WiiU) is actually A (Xbox). If you know anything about theses 2 controller, they are actually in the wrong spot. ALOT of games I tried it with wont allow you to remap the controllers buttons so it takes time to readjust your muscle memory but works wonderfully once you get it down pat.

Hopefully that helps!

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Nice program. I was thinking this would connect similar to using the ASUS BT drivers, but you really do need this program.

Nice save! :D

*inb4 anti-piracy members come and bash video for having uTorrent in it*

yagami69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys! It's me again. I found my mistakes and everything except the analog emulation is working. I think I'll be ready to release it this weekend. What I can't test, is if it works with multiple Pro Controllers because I only have one.

EDIT: Okay, I decided to release a beta version right now. In my tests everything was working.
However, there is no custom mapping option right now and so A=A, B=B,... and when you use this, your original XBox Gamepads will not work, until you delete the DLL file again. This will be fixed in a later (final) release.
Let me know if you find some bugs, so I can fix them.

How it works:
Copy xinput1_3.dll to the directory of your games .exe file. If this doesn't work try the other files one after another in this order: xinput1_2.dll, xinput1_1.dll, xinput9_1_0.dll. Hope it works for you :D

I'll release the source later, but beware it is really really messy.

U need to make a thread for this method budy, is working the best right now for me, almost every game has X360 controller support so is the easiest way, i have been playing Deadpool game and Batman Arkham City with this.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

JonFM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I was able to install the Toshiba stack but can't run it

Every time I do it ask me to plug in my Bluetooth device over and over again

I've uninstalled the drivers for my Bluetooth adapter but it still won't get past this screen

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
OK so I was able to install the Toshiba stack but can't run it

Every time I do it ask me to plug in my Bluetooth device over and over again

I've uninstalled the drivers for my Bluetooth adapter but it still won't get past this screen
Uninstall it and follow these instructions.

James W

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some trouble installing the Toshiba bluetooth stack software. I install it, but during installation, it tells me to plug in my bluetooth device then hit ok, I do, but it never continues, just repeatedly tells me to do this. The USB bluetooth adapter I use is the Kinivo BTD-300 Bluetooth 3.0 USB adapter. (edit) I tried the solution on the post above mine, it did not seem to do much. D:

baconocab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I managed to install the Toshiba stack successfully, and it's working. My only problem is the bluetooth can't find my controller, and gives me "Unable to detect remote device" whenever I try to sync the controller. I am using the Afterglow controller, which may have something to do with it.

Autosaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U Pro Controllers are currently on sale for $25 at Bestbuy.

Offtopic a bit but worth getting for your Wii U and as a PC Gamepad. It has an excellent D-Pad and overall structure.

Cyryus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought it for this price. I need bluetooth for my PC though. Would this work:
http://www.amazon.com/Medialink-USB-Bluetooth-Adapter-Technology/dp/B004LNXO28

Planning to use this for MapleStory, retro emulators, PPSSPP

I believe that adaptor should work just fine, I bought the cheapest one I could fine on amazon and it works just fine BUT Mayflash's Wireless Wii U Pro Controller to PC USB Adapter has just been released, I just ordered mine from ebay so I will find out hopefully next week.... you can get yours here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281137026552?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ds is is 20 years old this year