Hacking Wii U Pro Controller to PC program release

tehwiiuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, does anyone recommend a certain type of bluetooth dongle to buy? I'd like a nice reliable, compatible, somewhat long range device... I'm new at this so I have no idea where to start.

Thanks!

tehwiiuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@julialy lied a little. Yes it is impossible to use the actual usb on the controller to the computer, (that port is only for charging purposes), it is possible to get a Bluetooth Dongle (google it) that plugs into a usb port, hence my question above asking which brand/model of dongle to get.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
@julialy lied a little. Yes it is impossible to use the actual usb on the controller to the computer, (that port is only for charging purposes), it is possible to get a Bluetooth Dongle (google it) that plugs into a usb port, hence my question above asking which brand/model of dongle to get.
he didn't say anything about blue tooth dongle...

tehwiiuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dongles are a life saver. I could really use a good one but a lot of them have reviews say that they lag sometimes or disconnect frequently. I'd like to not spend over $20, but still like a long enough range and non-laggy one That's Windows 7 compatible. (I'm going to try playing some high paced games) Any recommendations?
I'd really like to get to actually use this awesome program.

risky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TeHaxor69 @Daku93

First off, i want to thank you guys for your awesome work!
I´ve been waiting for connecting my Pro controller with my PC and kept checking for news on the internet every few weeks.
But since i heard the Bluetooth Pin was unknown, i started losing hope on that being anytime soon.
And now you came up with a program that works even without the Pin LOL!
I even got the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack working with my onboard Bluetooth (Asus P8Z68V-Pro Mainboard).
I didnt count but i think it took like 15 re-installs 20 restarts and about 5 hours of work.
Toshiba, what the fuck x/

Okay, now i want to give some suggestions and ask questions/report some possible bugs (version 1.5).
I guess i start with the bugs:
In "Left Analog" and "Right Analog" configurations
only the Deadzone Settings are saved after hitting "Save Config" and restarting the program.

Another strange bug: I first tested the controller with Zsnes, the Super Nintendo Emulator.
Whenever i start the program, the controller starts to rumble in intervals.
A little longer than one second, even if rumble is disabled!
Also, the Rumble only stops on quitting the Controller Program.

It also starts vibrating when i start Zsnes first, then start the Controller Program
(so it wont vibrate) and then quit Zsnes. So it starts vibrating with starting and quitting Zsnes.
I can only assume why that stuff happens, maybe you know more.

Now i have 2 Suggestions, the first is quite obvious: Controller Profiles to load and save configurations.
But that´s probably gonna have to wait, since you are already busy with the xinput emulation.
The other Suggestion should be easy to add: Mouse wheel up/down,
so you can for example map switching weapons on the D-Pad, without having to
change the ingame settings to some strange keys.

Thats all for now.
Thank you again!

i have the same bluetooth onboard how did you get toshiba stack to work i havent been able too yet

Spaz_Mah_Tazz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey OP, thanks a heap for making this.
I'm having trouble with it though. I've managed to connect my Interworks Pro Controller U to both ToshibaStack v8.00.12 and even ToshibaStack v9.10.00T (from http://tutotoshiba.soopah.fr/) but had no luck with your program.
This is the error message I get when I click on WiiUProControllerWin.exe after connecting it to Bluetooth

ZoqsMdM.png

I've managed to connect the controller to Smoothboard 2 and Smoothboard Air with Duo no troubles, it helps stop the LED's on the controller blinking and I can edit the controller with it, but even after then I still get this error when trying to connect to your program.

I've tried so many different things; like different links for Toshiba Bluetooth Stack to see if that was the problem (it's not), tried connecting it the different ways everyone had said to (waiting for the LED's to stop flashing and clicking "next" right after they turn off wont connect because when the LED's turn off the controller turns off too and stops the paring... But I can manage to connect the controller to Bluetooth if the LED's stay flashing), using other versions of your software (I keep getting the same error), changing the switches on the back of the controller, pressing the reset button on the controller, [I might edit in more if I think of anything else I've tried]

I'm using Windows 7 x64 bit and originally used Bluesoleil as a stack with a dongle (cant remember what brand the dongle is).
Side question, is there a chance to eventually use Bluesoleil instead of Toshiba Stack? I have tried connecting with WiiUProControllerWin.exe and Bluesoleil but no luck as I guessed, and then tried testing the connection with Smoothboard and Bluesoleil, but got an emergency shutdown (so I do not recommend trying it until there is a confirmed, proper way to do it, ha).

Halp

Bloodline45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DarKevin

You've mentioned a few times that you were able to get your internal bluetooth working with the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack.

I was wondering if you could explain how you did so because I also wish to use my internal bluetooth so I don't have to get a dongle.

Reactions: risky

Spaz_Mah_Tazz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@TeHaxor69

Ohhh now I see... Damn.
Yeah they call it a Pro Controller, but now that I've read a bit about it you're right it's not.
Still on the search for a way to connect it to the computer though.

Thanks for the reply!

jres80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I just want to say thanks. I've been waiting for this. The Pro Controller is more comfortable than the 360, imo, and it's perfect for emulation.

Second, I'm putting in a request. The program really needs to let me save multiple configs.

Any news on getting it running through Windows proper, also? While the button-keyboard mapping is great, I'd really like to run it as a 360 gamepad, so I can also use it easily in Steam games.

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have the same bluetooth onboard how did you get toshiba stack to work i havent been able too yet
It took me about 5 hours of reinstalling and trying new shit to finally get it working x/
Maybe I can save you some time with my experience.

Check this link first: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-rvl-cnt-01-tr?page=52
Look at "Fishsticks" and "Guegs" Posts.
Fishsticks explains how to get onboard Bluetooth working, and Guegs explains how to use it with the P8Z68V-PRO Mainboard.

But as I said, it still took me hours. And not because I suck with computers or something x/
I´ll tell you some important things to do:

First you have to "Prevent installation of devices not described by other polict settins" using gpedit.msc (see Guegs Post EDIT 2)
That will prevent Windows from Automatically installing its shit drivers for Bluetooth when restarting the Computer without other Bluetooth Software installed.

Then, you need to get your Bluetooth Hardware ID, and add them to a file during the installation of Toshiba Bluetooth Stack.
Check Fishsticks Post for that.
Since we have the same Mainboard, I can give you my ID.
Guegs also has the same ID, so I guess it will work.

USB\VID_0B05&PID_179C

Next step (make sure you did the gpedit.msc thing)

Uninstall all Bluetooth Software and reboot.

Then attempt to install the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack.
When it tells you to plug in your bluetooth Device, go to the file (See Fishsticks post)

And add your Hardware ID to it.
Save the file and then Continue installation.

If I remembered everything correctly, it should work now.

If you still have problems, report back.

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@DarKevin

You've mentioned a few times that you were able to get your internal bluetooth working with the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack.

I was wondering if you could explain how you did so because I also wish to use my internal bluetooth so I don't have to get a dongle.

See my last post. It should work whatever Mainboard you have, but you need to find the Hardware ID yourself.
Note that on my trip of getting it to work, I found 2 different Hardware IDs. I just added them both and one of them worked.

John Jamesville

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this project still afloat? I bought a Wii U controller just for it. I got mine to recognize the controller with built in bluetooth by swiching to the toshiba driver.

Has anyone tried to use other software to get the analog sticks to work? For example the Dolphin emulator recognizes mouse axis movements as analog stick movements, but you can't adjust the sensitivity on the pro controller software. Having the computer recognize the controller as a 360 pc controller would be great, but I'd be satisfied if the PC recognized the analog sticks as all and worked like a standard Logitech controller.

Reactions: Fluto

az777

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yeei i got it to work with my bluetooth usb adapter, can some one tell me how to save the configuration u want? i press the save config, button but every time i reconnect my controller it has the default button mapping shown by TeHaxor

az777

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have now completed a program for connecting a Wii U Pro Controller to Windows with help from Daku93.

Just add your Pro Controller in the Windows Bluetooth Manager, don't use a PIN, then start the application.

Newest version:
Download Version 1.6 here
Older versions:
Download Version 1.5 here
Download Version 1.4 here
Download Version 1.3 here
Download Version 1.2 here
Download Version 1.1 here
Download Version 1.0 here

Video Demonstration of the LED function

All buttons are mappable, both analogs can act as the D-Pad or YBAX Buttons.
Supports LEDs / Rumble control. Displays Battery, USB, And Analog status.

Default button mappings are:
Start-Enter
Select-Backspace
Home-ESC
D-Up-Up
D-Left-Left
D-Down-Down
D-Right-Right
Y-A
B-Z
A-X
X-S
L-Q
R-W
ZL-R
ZR-F
LH-J
RH-K

TeHaxor69 i realy gotta say thank you for this, i dont really like x box nor ps 3 controllers to play in my pc but wii u pro controller is a different story, so im really greatful, thanku for your effort and work

Andreas kemp

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey eveybody! My name is Andreas aka the bad ass Screptilez on youtube!
I got some good news for you all, i have made a full tutorial video about the controller on pc and mac.
I got a link for ya all here:
By the way don't forget to sub, like, share and leave a comment if it helped you:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol