Hacking Wii U Pro Controller to PC program release

Shadax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My controller shows "connected" under bluetooth devices, but the blue lights just keep flashing like it's waiting to sync. Also, if I open the software it recognizes the controller is connected and even shows its battery power, but the lights just keep on flashing.

Am I missing a step?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
So does this work with the Nyko Pro Commander? I haven't bought a controller yet but I'm debating between the pro controller and the commander and this may be a deciding factor.

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Lets see, from what has been said earlier
-If its a Wiimote addon, it should work fine
-If its a third party Wii U Pro controller it will eventually be supported, if a way to get around the "bluetooth masking" is found

OswaldF

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last night I got my Wii U Pro controller to work perfectly and was playing some games on Steam with it! (Albeit with mapped keyboard settings) But now suddenly it doesn't work. Toshiba Bluetooth Stack recognizes it, but as soon as it connects, the blue searching lights on the controller stop flashing and WiinUPro doesn't recognize the controller, and when I go to calibrate the controller in VJoy, the calibration doesn't recognize input either.

I've deleted the device from the Bluetooth program and reinstalled it, I've uninstalled HID Compliant Game Controller from Device Manager and then refound it on the Bluetooth, nothing seems to work. Any ideas??

probablygay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having trouble getting this to work on windows 8.1. I have my controller recognized and all, but the buttons dont seem to want to map correctly. i have the appropriate .net framework installed, and i have tried mapping the controls myself, but when i press buttons on my gamepad, nothing happens. of theyre mapped to key presses, they should "type" in notepad, correct? but nothing happens when I try. Any ideas?

OswaldF

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a WiiU to sync it with? Just a curiosity?

Yeah, I do. I hadn't considered there might be a conflict. I never actually unplugged the bluetooth USB adapter, but after doing so, it seems to work. Hopefully it really turns out to be that simple. Thanks!

goom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, i've been having some issues with my toshiba driver installation. i edited the ini to include my bluetooth usb, but can't get past the message 'please insert bluetooth device and press ok button'. is it possible my device isn't compatible? http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTD-400-Bluetooth-4-0-adapter/dp/B007Q45EF4/ this is what i'm currently using, has anybody else gotten it to work?

any help is appreciated!

(if my device isn't compatible, can anybody recommend me another decent-quality bluetooth usb?)

habanerochilly

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dolphin doesnt see the Bluetooth Controller... when i push the buttons on my pro controller, it just enters keyboard buttons... and the analog sticks dont work at all...

what am i doing wrong?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
From the looks of it, this program never supported analog sticks in the sense that you can use them as actual gamepad analogs. They can only act as the Dpad or the ABXY buttons.

joeyjoey396

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i'm bad with bluetooth stuff. Does this require a specific bluetooth version? like 2.0 3.0 4.0 5.0? planning on buying a 4.0 bluetooth adapter but just making sure

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now why is the instructional video set to private? After following the instructions in the first post I'm still stuck on setting up and I wanted to watch the video for further detailing but I cant see it.

I got my Pro controller connected to my PC with the bluetooth and the program opens up showing the different button layouts but it doesn't detect input. If anyone knows why its acting like this let me know what to do, thanks.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its so easy why cant I just watch it on a video. I still don't understand why its private all of a sudden, did Nintendo put a stop to this?

SolarFlare404

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the next update or so, could you please add scroll wheel functionality? I can easily, and successfully, configure all of the buttons on my Pro controller, but without being able to configure the L and R buttons to scroll-wheel up and down, there are a multitude of applications that are just locked out of use. MineCraft and Terraria are just two examples, and for those who wish to use it for work, AutoDesk's AutoCAD program is another application you would need scroll-wheel functionality. Your program is the easiest to use, but this addition would make it by-far the only choice for Wii U Pro controller connections.
P.S. As an aesthetic addition, I suggest having what key each button is mapped to, in the Buttons key edit, displayed clearly, as currently (of 1.6) the keys mapped to the buttons are not displayed anywhere within the program to my knowledge, and to have it be displayed would immensely help.
Thank you for your consideration
SolarFlare404

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-