differents shape wiiU.jpg

This picture comes to you from GoNintendo

Source: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=178820

Reactions: 1 person

JN_big3

Trophies
XP
Country
I like the older one. I think in the newer one, people will have a harder time pressing and reaching the buttons

It's still the same controller but the angle of the shot makes the Controller look fatter

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
there is a better picture on the article but i cant paste the link from my tablet, its excatly the same, i still wonder why nintendo copied microsoft controller out of all companies it should be the other way round, also i dont like the xbox 360 controller anyway. :( good thing you can use the classic controller pro,

SolidMario7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't think it's the angle it, seems leveled to me. But with some cameras when you take a photo that close it distorts the image. If that matters to anyone. :P

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
there is a better picture on the article but i cant paste the link from my tablet, its excatly the same, i still wonder why nintendo copied microsoft controller out of all companies it should be the other way round, also i dont like the xbox 360 controller anyway. :( good thing you can use the classic controller pro,
But seriously, how much can you NOT copy with such a small controller?

It's just like saying smartphones. All of them have a screen in the middle and most have screen lock buttons - isn't that copying too?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the point in arguing this, every modern controller is just an evolution of the SNES gamepad.

Quite honestly, I prefer the design of the 360 controller compared to the DualShock, Classic Controller, and GC gamepads. I'm glad Nintendo is making theirs fairly similar, although I'd have enjoyed indented sticks (which would infringe on a MS patent, I'm sure) more. Still not sure about the right stick placement, though.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, honestly there isn't much else you can do to a controller with dual sticks to make it different.
If Microsoft owned that design then Nintendo would have a lawsuit on their hands. They don't because it's all just borrowed ideas from somewhere else.

Anyways, the image was proven to be distorted/faked/whatever, so there isn't much else to say...

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hurr camera angles
Seriously OP? The controller they showed the day of E3 is different than the controller on the showfloor on the day of E3? That's hilarious, tell another one.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe the picture they used on the ND broadast before e3 was an old one, since the real WiiUCP doesn`t really have a shpe like that.... Strange!

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It now reminds me of a Sega Genesis controller; I like it.

...still, it would have been nice to have the 360 design as well.

edit: I just read the comments... -_-

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I notice that in the [acronym:not actually new]new[/acronym] design, the analog sticks are also tilted to the sides [acronym:I am being sarcastic here]for what I assume are ergonomic reasons.[/acronym]

It's almost as if someone took that pic of the Pro controller with a wide-angle lens so the image is distorted.

On a more serious note... oh God look at that cheap and flimsy looking shiny glossy plastic ew ew ew D: Y U NO matte?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
take your gamecube controllers, put it on top of your 360 controller. realize they are pretty much the same, 360 just filled the blank spots and used the classic snes abxy button setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1