Wii U Pro Controller Lasts 80 Hours On One Charge

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by OscarRamos, Oct 16, 2012.

1. OscarRamos
    OP

OscarRamos Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2012
    Wii U Pro Controller Lasts 80 Hours On One Charge, Doesn’t Work With Any Wii Games

[​IMG]
    According to GameStop, the Wii U Pro Controller can last up to 80 hours on a single charge, which is certainly a longer duration than the Wii U’s main controller, the Wii U GamePad, after one charge. For the sake of comparison, an Xbox 360 controller lasts about 25-30 hours with new batteries.
    Although Wii U is backward compatible with most Wii games, GameStop claims that the Wii U Pro Controller cannot be used with any Wii game; you cannot use any of Wii U’s controllers to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl, for example.

The Wii U Pro Controller features the dual analog sticks and ergonomic button layout that you’ve come to expect, as well as a rechargeable battery that can last up to 80 hours on a single charge.​

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the news but you were beaten to the punch in the USN- http://gbatemp.net/topic/336144-gamestop-claims-that-the-wii-u-pro-controller-can-last-80-hours/

3. gamecaptor

gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

GBAtemp Patron
    gamecaptor is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 22, 2004
    United States
    Hyrule most of the time
    Quick update to this. It WILL charge off a PC as it comes with a USB charger, but Windows does not recognize it (i.e. you will still need a Blue Tooth adapter like the Wii Remotes)

4. Deltaechoe

Deltaechoe The Dopefish

May 3, 2012
    United States
    I find this smelling suspiciously of cherries and bullshit