wii u pro controller charging issue..!?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by leonmagnus99, Aug 27, 2015.

1. leonmagnus99
    OP

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    hi fellas, i need help , did anyone else encounter this issue.
    the thing is when i plug the pro controller in the wii u usb port to charge it the charging led is Red and Not Orangeish .. and i've left it 30 minutes charging and it was still red and syncing works and everything on the controller works only when connected to the console cause as soon as i remove the USB the controller turns itself off..

is this a battery issue ? (btw. sidenote i got this controller from a friend and he hasn't used it for quite a long time)

should i open it up and remove battery and place it back in or something?

basically it looks new and all the buttons work, everything of it works while connected to wii u, but as soon as i remove the controller it turns itself off, should i maybe put it to charge for 5h or so?

2. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    The simplest thing to do would be to go buy one and then return "it" as defective or "not compatible with my games" (Splatoon). :)

Some rechargeable batteries will not charge if they get completely drained. I have a LaCross charger and can trick it into charging some AA batteries with a paper clip but their capacity is crap at that point so it is not really worth it.

leonmagnus99 likes this.
  3. leonmagnus99
    OP

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    i think it is the battery that died bro, you know i opened up the cover and pulled battery and i still could see the red light when having USB connected to it, similar to how laptops function without battery inside if you have it plugged into the wall adapter.

hmm so i can only use the controller when plugged in the wall atm. even with battery inside it is as if it wasnt inside XD so uh , i guess the only option would be to buy a new controller or a legit battery , but the 3rd party batteries seem to be crap .

this battery died mainly cause of not use for a long time i believe.