Wii U Pro Controller as GameCube Controller in vWii?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by ZLink, Oct 6, 2014.

1. ZLink
    OP

ZLink Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2014
    United States
    I've seen several posts about the complications of emulating a Wii U Pro Controller as a Classic Controller, but several homebrew applications are able to successfully emulate the U Pro as a GameCube controller. Is there any way to get this functionality in a Wii game? Instead of having the system recognize it as a CC, can we get it to recognize it as a GameCube controller?

Would there be any way to patch a game such as Brawl or Project M (which support GameCube controllers)?

2. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    geez, this again... yes, it is possible, to make a wii u pro controller work in wii games, just the way it is possible to make it work on vwii homebrew...
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/libwupc-...library-for-wii-homebrew-applications.371574/
    this makes it possible, HOWEVER the problem is, that every wii game has its own bluetooth library, so while, for example, wiiflow already supports the wiiu pro controller, the games don't
    you would have to either manually patch every single game iso into supporting it or would have to create a patch tool
    noone seems to be willing to go through that at the moment
    and whether you want it to be recognized as a CC or as a GC controller, doesn't change the fact, that you would still have to patch every single iso

edit: by the way, why not just get a Gioteck WiiU-GC2 ? its cheaper then a pro controller and has a built-in switch, that changes it from a wiiu pro controller to a wireless CC, works perfectly on my wiiu games (mario kart 8 for example) and also on wii games (smash bros :D) just need to make sure, that you are buying a new model and not one of the first faulty models...
    Model GC2WIU-12 <<--- BAD
    Model GC2WIU-14 <<--- GOOD

3. ZLink
    OP

ZLink Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2014
    United States
    Thank you for the quick response! So the problem is with the games themselves, gotcha. How would you even begin to configure the bluetooth library for a game iso though? Cause I just want it for this single game, and if it takes a few edits to a few files, I wouldn't mind patching it myself. However I'm still fairly new to both programming and homebrew, so any help is appreciated.

And I've never actually seen that controller before..if I'm unable to get that to work, I might just settle for one of those controllers. However, being this close to Smash 4, I might just hold back and get one of those GCN adapters for Wii U when they come out in a few months.

4. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    maybe the best solution would be to ask FIX94 and yeah, I'm also waiting for that adapter and smash 4 :-)
    btw, this is what fix said about how you would approach an "on the fly" patcher inside a backup loader
    but I think, if you just want to do it for 1 game... not sure, just an uneducated guess, but I would say, you would have to decrypt the iso with WIT, search for the library files and replace them with the ones provided by FIX94 and then rebuild the iso ... not sure, if its really that simple, lol
    just an uneducated guess

edit: probably wrong though, to be honest