Hardware Wii U no longer working

Socrotendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few weeks ago, I plugged my Wii U into a power strip when I heard a popping noise. For a brief moment of time afterwards (like about a half hour or so), the power light on the front of the console would come on occasionally when plugged into a power outlet.. fast forward weeks later, it doesn't come on at all. I've tried a different power adapter and that didn't work. Is there anything else I could do to try and get my Wii U to power on again or is it a lost cause?

pleasehelpme2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A few weeks ago, I plugged my Wii U into a power strip when I heard a popping noise. For a brief moment of time afterwards (like about a half hour or so), the power light on the front of the console would come on occasionally when plugged into a power outlet.. fast forward weeks later, it doesn't come on at all. I've tried a different power adapter and that didn't work. Is there anything else I could do to try and get my Wii U to power on again or is it a lost cause?
I'm no expert or anything, but if I'd have to guess I'd say that something burnt out.

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Open it up and look for any traces of exploded/melted components.

Socrotendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for your assistance. If I find any burnt out / exploded components, would it even be worth fixing it? Should I just buy a new Wii U at this point?

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you all for your assistance. If I find any burnt out / exploded components, would it even be worth fixing it? Should I just buy a new Wii U at this point?
If you can find the part cheap enough it's worth a shot if you have the tools/experience or know someone that does. If you don't and have to get it professionally repaired it's probably not worth it, just the console itself is not that expensive.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    gudenau @ gudenau: It captures 2x the amount of packets on Windows 10 in a freaking VM where USB access is...