Hardware Wii u Hype Thread

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are many people who are hyped up about the wii u.
So let them vent their fun here!

Once again Nintendo have amazed us with another gaming revolution,
Personally im confused about the starting price. That controllers gonna be a bitch to replace and I wonder how chunky that must feel in my hands.
Not to mention the fact that it supposedly has less power than 360 or ps3. But Nintendo always find a way to impress. So we'll wait and see

Current List of Wii U games
Aliens; Colonal Marines
Assassins Creed III
Batman: Arkham City
Battlefield (Untitled)
Darksiders II
Dirt Racing
Dragon Quest X
F1 (Untitled)
Killer freaks from outer space
Lego city stories
Metro: Last light
Ninja Gaiden III
Pikmin III
Project Cars
Project Nova
Rabbids (Untitled)
Super Mario (Untitled)
Super Smash bros Next
Tekken (Untitled)
Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Online
Zelda (Untitled)
Your shape Wii U

wii-u.jpeg

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
First off... Where do you get the proof that it's less powerful than the 360 or PS3?
So far those have all been rumours, there was even posted a youtube video quite enlightning regarding that fact by a hardware analystic, it was posted in the discussion about the Wii U being weaker and stuff by a member and I found it rather interesting, I'll post it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcnsG11MRE8

Well, about the controls, I kinda agree, but honestly, all controllers since the PS2 days, have been friggin overpriced IMHO, a red wireless 360 controler to match my existing one, costs nearhly 60€ (more in some stores) so I can't really imagine the Wii U controler costing more than that... That'd be def overkill and it's not that expensive to get touchscreens nowadays, so that won't really add to the price, my main concern about it, would be the size and shape, it seems weird sure... But same could be said for the 360's controller, which IMHO is the best controller out there atm (ease in pressing butttons, triggers and their respective locations whereas with the PS2 and PS3 ones it's not so flexible) so I guess in the end, it's really unknown until it gets released or some tech demos are out.

Black-Ice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First off... Where do you get the proof that it's less powerful than the 360 or PS3?
So far those have all been rumours, there was even posted a youtube video quite enlightning regarding that fact by a hardware analystic, it was posted in the discussion about the Wii U being weaker and stuff by a member and I found it rather interesting, I'll post it here: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OcnsG11MRE8

Well, about the controls, I kinda agree, but honestly, all controllers since the PS2 days, have been friggin overpriced IMHO, a red wireless 360 controler to match my existing one, costs nearhly 60€ (more in some stores) so I can't really imagine the Wii U controler costing more than that... That'd be def overkill and it's not that expensive to get touchscreens nowadays, so that won't really add to the price, my main concern about it, would be the size and shape, it seems weird sure... But same could be said for the 360's controller, which IMHO is the best controller out there atm (ease in pressing butttons, triggers and their respective locations whereas with the PS2 and PS3 ones it's not so flexible) so I guess in the end, it's really unknown until it gets released or some tech demos are out.
Rumors from anonymous companies.
Its stimulates convo anyway which is what this is about.
Mmmm, that controller could either be a big win or a big loss.
When you have people around and you want to play wii U.
Not everyone will have a wii u pad. So that may create unfair advantages and they will probably be expensive so you cant just buy 4 casually.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I hope Ninty redesign the controller with sticks rather than nubs. I find sticks to be far superior to nubs.
I actually agree with that, they're are fine and all, but they don't feel nor play as nicely as the ones the 360 or the PS3 has, they should use like the ones they had on the GC controler, those were pretty good.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Current List of Wii U games
Aliens; Colonal Marines
Assassins Creed III
Batman: Arkham City
Battlefield (Untitled)
Darksiders II
Dragon Quest X
F1 (Untitled)
Killer freaks from outer space
Lego city stories
Metro: Last light
Ninja Gaiden III
Pikmin III
Project Cars
Project Nova
Rabbids (Untitled)
Super Mario (Untitled)
Super Smash bros Next
Tekken (Untitled)
Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Online
Zelda (Untitled)
Your shape Wii U

You forgot some:

Untitled Dirt
Untitled Rabbids
Untitled Tekken
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online

Wii U download software:

Marvel Pinball
Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs
Toki Toki 2

Here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_games

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really seeing anything for me honestly.

Any of the games I'm looking forward to I can just buy on my Xbox 360, everything else is either TBA or uninteresting.

Killer Freaks From Space looked interesting though but nothing I'd buy the system for.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I always have a Nintendo system for Nintendo software and one of the others simply for games that didn`t come out on the Nintendo system.

So my hype-level goes hand in hand with the software that will be announced at E3 but that I`ll get the system day one is a no brainer, since my faith in Nintendo software (which is based on my experience) is quite high and I expect some killer-apps!

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not buying this system right away until I see many good games beside Zelda and Mario game first. No hurry for me since I am still focus on Wii and PS3 games little bit by little biy for now. There are plenty time to play into next year. Therefore, money save for myself and my apartment. :)

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I hope Ninty redesign the controller with sticks rather than nubs. I find sticks to be far superior to nubs.
I've pinned down the problem with Nintendo's slider pads. If you apply too much pressure on it, the thing will not move. Not enough pressure, and it will slip back beneath your thumb. Sticks have no such issue.

But still, Nintendo stuck with sliders because the Wii U controller is so flat, and they didn't want you to have to stick your thumbs up. Maybe these slider pads will be better than the 3DS ones.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As of right now, I'm still waiting for some more titles to be announced.

I'll probably get it anyway at launch, if more good games are announced (Doesn't have the be launch games. Just want more stuff in general). They definitely are going to announce a ton of first party stuff at E3.

I really hope we see a console redesign at E3 also. Not that it looks bad, but there's nothing good looking about it. It looks like a round Wii without the cool blue light and the ugly visible sync button.

Black-Ice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You forgot some:

Untitled Dirt
Untitled Rabbids
Untitled Tekken
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online

Wii U download software:

Marvel Pinball
Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs
Toki Toki 2

Here:

http://en.wikipedia...._of_Wii_U_games
Why dont you learn to read?
I had rabbids, tekken and tom clancy right there and i was listing games not dlg
I dont just copy everything off wikipedia. Read the list before you correct me mate.

As with the sticks vs slide pad.
I prefer the slide pad with something like the wii U. from the way it looks a stick will be awkward on that flat pad.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The World Ends With WiiU
Has it been announced yet?
Or is it speculation?
i think it is more of a joke reference more than anything else, but you never know, it is 2012 after all :rolleyes:
LOL I'm slow. ^_^

No, no, no, no, no. Someone made a 'Wii Speculation Thread' and people bitched at him about how they already had a 'hype' thread, and that they are the same thing. So I just posted my speculation here. I'd love another TWEWY game, but yeah, I doubt it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol