Wii U Homebrew scene dead? Nope

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by BullyWiiPlaza, May 4, 2016.

1. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

BullyWiiPlaza Nintendo Hacking <3

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    I uploaded a YouTube video about using the new kernel exploit on firmware 5.5.1 and it got 2.000 views in one day.

[​IMG]

Wow :mellow: I never got that many views on a YouTube video ever in such a short period of time. I guess you can say that the scene has now awoken. Good homebrew times ahead or just greedy pirates. Loadiine seems to be getting the 2nd most attention and everything else almost none. No surprises here, typical Wii U community :yayu:

NWPlayer123, eco95 and Pepois like this.
  2. DinckelMan

DinckelMan Your Favorite Water Mage!

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    "WiiU scene is dead, you fuckers might as well move onto the NX right now and forget about this shitty console with no games. Yes, that's right"

[​IMG]

"What is that? We can now pirate games on the latest FW version? Yeah dude the WiiU is more alive than it ever was dude let's all hug and kiss now"

Last edited by DinckelMan, May 4, 2016
    Exavold, verifyvenuz, nxwing and 4 others like this.
  3. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Umm, i wouldn't say it's dead, but i wouldn't say it's alive, either.... The surge of views you have had on your video are the direct result of the 5.5.x noob flood that GBAtemp is about to experience.

Thanks for the video though :)

BullyWiiPlaza likes this.
  4. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    Sure but that's still insane. I didn't even know there were that many people waiting lol. The scene will at least double or triple now in terms of people.

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza, May 4, 2016
    eco95 likes this.
  5. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Yep, that is true, the scene has far more end-users now, lets hope some aspiring devs, proportionate to the amount of noobs who have joined, get inspired and help progress the scene forward! :D

6. Toscanelli

Toscanelli Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2016
    Afghanistan
    The 5.5.1 ksploit is obviously for piracy as there are no homebrews that would justify a ksploit except Loadiine. Watch the Loadiine GX2 thread. It's exploding with begging fags.

7. DinckelMan

DinckelMan Your Favorite Water Mage!

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    It's not like anyone here expected anything else. People are literally buying brand new consoles expecting to use pirated software OUT OF THE BOX.

8. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    TCP Gecko, Cafiine, etc. for non-piracy kernel usage but truth has been spoken :D

eco95 and Mega-Mew like this.
  9. Toscanelli

Toscanelli Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2016
    Afghanistan
    You're right, I forgot online cheating.

10. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    I'd like to see the homebrew scene mature, its seems most are only interested in piracy. Now that the exploit is out, I can try out TCP Gecko. Hopefully it allows debugging by now cause its been awhile since I last checked it out.

11. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    You can :)
    Here is supposedly an updated TCP Gecko.NET so it's coming to 5.5.1

eco95 and Thomas83Lin like this.
  12. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    Ooh, flame bait. I'm bored, so I'll bite.

At present, with what's public and finished now, you may have a point. However, what you haven't realised is that there's a very large number of homebrew developers who haven't been able to work with kernel access up until now (myself included). Now we have access to the clean environment provided by stuff like HBL, you'll start seeing a huge increase in the amounts of valuable homebrew being made.

To put this into perspective, try to think of all the people developing stuff on 5.4/5.3 that you, the user, would use. Not exploits, not developer tools, but homebrew. Honestly, the only person who comes to mind is Dimok and a few people who relased one-off apps and weren't heard from again.
    Now think of all the 5.5 devs - all the releases you've seen recently. They all now have access to the same tools and environment that the 5.4/5.3 people do. They are now all enthusiastically exploring the new opportunities given to them (again, myself included).

Wii U homebrew ain't dead. This is where it begins.

davetheshrew, brienj, Nikolay and 4 others like this.
  13. AshleyCummings

AshleyCummings Gamer Girl

Dec 14, 2011
    United States
    Simmers Nation
    Good luck with Homebrew!
    I have some ideas ヾ(^-^)/
    Notebook (like the DSi has on AppStore my notebook you can write with stylus ) but with more features colors book styles
    Is there any way to utilize the game pad for a Pokemon snap type Homebrew game (not Pokemon but something in that lines)
    Music player /media player MP4/MP3 s
    Maze maker
    Really love to see what can be made, I joined not knowing too much bout load iine more bout the Homebrew loader .. I wanted to run my GameCube backups so I installed both ( I have legit discs from ripping them with my old wii years ago) ..sadly Nintendont doesn't work on WiiU I..so now there's not much to get Homebrew wise .. I waits for Homebrew and gives you guys luck ! So much good could come out of Homebrew ! We need more!

NWPlayer123 likes this.
  14. lefthandsword

lefthandsword GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2015
    Hong Kong
    root
    It's not just piracy (at least I can play JPN games now). I would like mess with MK8, I understand most hacks are private to avoid online cheating or breaking other people's saves, having public access to existing texture and music mods would be nice though (I don't see any harm in releasing those as they're purely cosmetic).

15. Pepois

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina

Thank you so much for sharing BullyWiiPlaza... the scene will always be alive as long as there are people like you, Fix94 and all the other great developers. Thank you!!!

16. 1337f347

1337f347 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2016
    United States
    ha, nice :)

17. brienj

brienj Trying to avoid getting cancer

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    You forgot to drop the mic. :D

If only it was finally released months ago, when I would have been able to actively work much harder on things. Oh well, I guess it became a self-fulfilling prophecy for those that wanted to hold it back ...