Hacking Wii U Homebrew launcher error

LaHormiga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I have a 5.5.2 U Wii U with Haxchi the hack is working I can play my backup games with the console. The problem is that I lost the SD card that had the files on it. I have downloaded the files again but the hombrew launcher comes up with different errors from -3 to -4 and -5. The SD is being recognized because I launch Wii menu and go to SD then remove the card and it says card has been remove. Any help?

LaHormiga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I have a micro SD SanDisk Ultra 64 class10.

Yes is formatted in fat 32.

All the files and folders are correct.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello,

Is your SD card branded, not sub-branded, because they are defective.

Did you format it as fat 32 ??

Did you place your files correctly ??

I have a SanDisk Ultra 64gb class 10

Yes ie formatted in Fat 32

yes the files are correct

neoninteger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For future reference:
  • -3 means the console was unable to detect that an SD card was inserted, or that the SD card has been formatted with an unsupported filesystem
  • -4 means that the console detected an SD card and attempted to mount it, but failed, possibly due to filesystem corruption errors
  • -5 means that the SD card was successfully mounted, but the program to launch could not be found in the right location on the SD card
If you're really getting all three of these errors intermittently, I would suggest trying a different SD card entirely, if you have one. It sounds to me like there is a hardware fault in your card or something along those lines.

If you're absolutely sure the SD card is formatted correctly (FAT32 filesystem with 32KB allocation clusters, I've heard that Windows users have a lot of luck using GUIFormat for this) and that the Homebrew Launcher is in the right location on your card (/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf) then I would definitely suggest trying a different card.

Reactions: jeannotte

LaHormiga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
For future reference:
  • -3 means the console was unable to detect that an SD card was inserted, or that the SD card has been formatted with an unsupported filesystem
  • -4 means that the console detected an SD card and attempted to mount it, but failed, possibly due to filesystem corruption errors
  • -5 means that the SD card was successfully mounted, but the program to launch could not be found in the right location on the SD card
If you're really getting all three of these errors intermittently, I would suggest trying a different SD card entirely, if you have one. It sounds to me like there is a hardware fault in your card or something along those lines.

If you're absolutely sure the SD card is formatted correctly (FAT32 filesystem with 32KB allocation clusters, I've heard that Windows users have a lot of luck using GUIFormat for this) and that the Homebrew Launcher is in the right location on your card (/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf) then I would definitely suggest trying a different card.

I reset the console to factory settings and hack it again. Everything is working fine now, not sure what the problem really was. Thanks everybody for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf