Wii U Homebrew Channel Deleted. (Need help)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by KeeYN, Jun 12, 2014.

1. KeeYN
    OP

KeeYN Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2014
    Hi all, I come to you with a rather annoying problem. I am a Wii/U user with quite a lot of experience with homebrew. Though I have an issue, which is that my cousin came to my house for a visit and accused me of piracy when he saw on my Wii that I had a lot of games on a loader. I proceeded to show him that I did not pirate any of the games by showing him all of the original discs. He stayed at my house a few nights before going back to my grandmothers, and he had done nothing to my Wii so I was happy. Here's the issue:
    My mum thought that my cousin should be allowed to play the Wii U while I was out busking one day. So in returning to the Wii U after my cousin left I found that the Wii U has had its Homebrew channel deleted on vWii. My issue is that on vWii I have cIOS' installed and cannot reinstall the Homebrew channel.​
    I have come here to ask if there is any way I can get it back on my Wii U system, or am I stuck with having to use my Wii for all Homebrew now.

Thanks, R M.

2. Goku Junior

Goku Junior GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    I think installing it normally with Bathaxx or other exploit will be fine, I don't think the cIOS would make a problem.

3. KeeYN
    OP

KeeYN Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2014
    Unfortunately I've tried with no luck. The hackmii installer proceeds to tell me it will not install the Homebrew channel on a modified system, or something like that. I will check it again soon, if you need me to.

4. KeeYN
    OP

KeeYN Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2014
    Well, it turns out I was wrong. I have no clue what happened last time I installed it, but this time it worked fine. Thanks!

5. Leshmutt

Leshmutt Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2014
    I would recommended giving your cousin a little slap around the head :lol: :wacko:

6. air2004

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    Can we please move this thread as it does not belong here .
    People , please keep Wii discussion in the Wii thread .
    Thank you ,
    Sincerely Wii U
    (or edit title to say vWii)

7. KeeYN
    OP

KeeYN Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2014
    Apologies, as I did mean to speak specifically about the vWii. Is there any way I can edit the title?

8. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Use the report button on your post and tell that you want title change