Hardware Wii U HD-cable only?

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure there isn't a mixed mode, I haven't found it in the options for the Wii U and I doubt that it outputs both (lazy programming with processing power considerations)

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
..unless you have an SD TV, and using HDMI isn't an option.

Here's a picture of the back of a Wii U. The "video out" next to HDMI is where you'd plug in the component/composite cable. Does anyone know if it's the same as the Wii?
Wii-U-Back-Ports-hdmi-usb-video-out-power-sensor-bar.jpg

HOLY! Look at the vents on that thing! (First time actually looking at the WiiU)

HorreC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are not that noticeable on the black model, but you are right this is a bit of a step away from how clean from every angle the Wii looked. if you stand it up on the white one that vent wont show (the little nubs you see are where the feet connect). I have had mine on most of the day and I have yet to hear the fan, but its moving air.

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would disconnect something from the tv or get yourself a Nice 7.1 surround sound reciver for $500-800 bucks p:0 with Hdmi passthrough problem solved.

Reactions: TerryG

HorreC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think component cable might be your best bet, I think it does 1080p. So it might be the best way for you.

Randamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, component will solve the Wii U issue, but there will be times where I might use my Wii, mostly due to emulators and having my backups on it.

Perhaps if/when the Wii U can use Wii hacks in the Wii mode, I won't worry about it

HorreC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They only got the one to work, but they are finding all the things they need still there just in different areas, so some quick work should get some things working again. We can only hope the first hard drive I hook up to my WiiU is my backup drive for WiiFlow

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Component can do 1080p, but my experience with PS3 was that the cable created ghost effects (bad cable I suppose). I don't have that problem with hdmi (which might be reinforced).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: