Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken, zecoxao is close to Hykem.
Ok, we'll have to wait and see I suppose. The only reason I said that is because a few pages back, the best reason someone could give for believing that IOSU was going to go public on the 24th is because "presents are always delivered on Christmas Eve".

Honestly, I hope I'm wrong in being skeptical. I would absolutely love to be pleasantly surprised. However, I also don't want to get my hopes up

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Straximus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, we'll have to wait and see I suppose. The only reason I said that is because a few pages back, the best reason someone could give for believing that IOSU was going to go public on the 24th is because "presents are always delivered on Christmas Eve".

Yes, but that was also said by zecoxao. So in that context, it's a cheeky reply from someone close to the project rather than simply baseless speculation.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression zecoxao was in close relations to Santa given that tip. And that Santa was going to go around and hack everyone's WiiU who wrote to him for it. I guess I could be misinterpreting the post now. Although if Hykem lives in the antarctic then possibly has estranged relations with santa who lives on the otherside of the world. Hmm... this has given me a lot to think about.

Imparasite

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i heard this rumor last year "Word on the street is there will be an IOSU Christmas present on the 24th for up to 5.3.2. If emuNAND is made and then IOSU is ported up to 5.4.0 and 5.5.0, I don't see any reason to hold the Kernel Exploits back at that point" but since then no real exploits released just bulls%%% no offense though. also with that PS4 exploits rumors it will be just a rumors like this wiiu exploits, they just want to boast it to public people then they will sell it on Chinese people to make hardware= instant money :D ahahaha

Last edited by Imparasite,

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Too much free time with boredom often makes people put in baseless judgements,
Exact same thing happened when Exzap mentioned that he's gonna release his emulator by the end of the month. While people won't lose anything by just "wait and see", they prefer throwing out whatever waste they have in mind before the appointed date.

Reactions: Jahruze

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
If I get this straight,

If the IOSU exploit just so happened to be released on the 24th for 5.3.2 and below, will there be any point of keeping the 5.4 userland anf 5.5 kernal private? Not sure what their notation is about that. Would be great if anyone could clear it up me :)

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the thing is why waiting for 5.5.0 is easier for me, and maybe for others, there's just too less Homebrew imo. So far I know there's only Loadiine, Saviine and the Riivolution like one (forgot the name)
Sure, would be cool to have 5.5.0 with Christmas if it gets ported, but I have to wait for Homebrew that I want anyways.

Would like to see SNES and N64 emulators on Wii U. (SNES works fine on Wii, but compatibility of SMW ROM hacks isn't very great) and N64 can be run full speed, hopefully with SM64 ROM Hacks too with all of the cores.
EmuNAND will be the best.

Straximus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I get this straight,

If the IOSU exploit just so happened to be released on the 24th for 5.3.2 and below, will there be any point of keeping the 5.4 userland anf 5.5 kernal private? Not sure what their notation is about that. Would be great if anyone could clear it up me :)

Yes, they would continue to remain private. The only reasons to release them would be 1) they find a second usable 5.4/5.5 exploit, 2) Nintendo finds and patches them. Outside of one of those two things, you should expect those who have it to keep it a secret.

Edit: a Word.

Last edited by Straximus,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way, Loadiine keeps me happy. Does most of what you'd do in emunand anyways, minus the online support. The Wii U might not have any major exploits like IOSU, but it has one main thing, the ability to play backups.
Waiting for IOSU won't be as difficult when you're just enjoying Loadiine until then. Spoofing and playing legit discs for online is a good option. Especially if spoofing is possible on 5.6.0.

Overall, I can't wait for the next update from Nintendo, just to see what happens. I'll be happy about them patching it, and also happy about them not patching it.

Reactions: Maximilious

oPolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I get this straight,

Yes, of course. If IOSU exploitation is not possible on 5.3.2+, then its worthwhile to keep the exploits that needs to be used in tandem with the IOSU exploit private.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, of course. If IOSU exploitation is not possible on 5.3.2+, then its worthwhile to keep the exploits that needs to be used in tandem with the IOSU exploit private.

As far as I know, based on Hykem's statement, his IOSU exploit works up to the latest firmware.

Most of the IOSU has been reverse-engineered and I'm still updating the wiki almost daily: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges
I already have an exploitable bug that should work up to firmware 5.5.0 and naehrwert is working on something too (currently for lower than 5.2.0 firmwares). When everything is ready it will be publicly released (at least on my end).

Is the one that is claimed to be released on 24th is the same? do we still need the current private browser exploits to trigger it ? So the answers of these question would determine if it's possible to use or not on 5.3.2+ when it's released. It's quiet unlikely though, based on zecoxao statement :

if it's in 5.3.2 or below it will work

That suggests it probably depends on what's publicly released for 5.3.2 and bellow.

So yeah, as I said before, instead of 'wait and see' we choose to just talk and speculate :D

D

Deleted-355425

the exploit may be released 24th but no on has said anything about it being developed into anything :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gaming.amazon.com/bramble-the-mountain-king-epic/dp/amzn1.pg.item.c2d2c3a5-95af-4f4a-bc46...