Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, or maybe we could find a way to split the files into 4GB files and let the USB loader combine the files if necessary
Honestly when a IOSU exploit gets released we don't really need any kind of loader, emunand shouldn't be that hard to do and you can just extract your games instead of having big disc images. For most games, this would be no problem since they don't have files that exceed the limitation of FAT32.

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Iosu and keys that are missing will make it much easier for someone to find the hdd format for Wii U.

So then it would be like wbfs2. And emunand would be a best outcome from iosu exploit release.

M4ttes

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

first of all sorry for my bad english, I am from Germany.

I am happy to say that I will get a Wii U 5.3.2 tomorrow (already have a 5.50 at home).

I read your sticky-Threads and I also used the Search-Engine.

I tried to block the update-domains in my router (it is a Technicolor TC7200). Unfortunately, the domains are still reachable with my 5.50 Wii u, so I guess the block doesn't work.

So my question is:

If I get the Wii U 5.3.2 and disbale the auto-update function / the standby-action function, does the Firmware-update still happen automatically?

Or am I asked like "Would you like to update your system firmware"?

Thank you so much in advance

Matthew

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I am happy to say that I will get a Wii U 5.3.2 tomorrow (already have a 5.50 at home).

I tried to block the update-domains in my router (it is a Technicolor TC7200). Unfortunately, the domains are still reachable with my 5.50 Wii u, so I guess the block doesn't work.

So my question is:

If I get the Wii U 5.3.2 and disbale the auto-update function / the standby-action function, does the Firmware-update still happen automatically?

Matthew

If you don't use any of the methodes mentioned in the stickies, the wii U will still get the update, maybe not when you turn it off, but while it's running.
You've already bought another Wii U, so you better use an effective method to block the updates, at least tubehax method which is really easy and simple.

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Hello,

So my question is:

Matthew
Use the Tubehax DNS to fully block updates

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We already know the format for USB because Nintendo left it all lying around in the SDK, it's the same format as eMMC and probably NAND, WFS (Wii Filesystem). You just need an IOSU kernel exploit to get the key for your console to decrypt it all. Once you have it, you don't even need to add more formats because you can just make a program to edit it in that format and the Wii U will read it just fine, right out of the box.

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
We already know the format for USB because Nintendo left it all lying around in the SDK, it's the same format as eMMC and probably NAND, WFS (Wii Filesystem). You just need an IOSU kernel exploit to get the key for your console to decrypt it all. Once you have it, you don't even need to add more formats because you can just make a program to edit it in that format and the Wii U will read it just fine, right out of the box.
How far would you say is an IOSU kernel exploit away... With hykem documenting his side of things... Would you say it is within reach?

Reactions: Margen67

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Just for people who not yet saw it: https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/651779930322145281

I'm now hoping some other people will release it. If not now they will later, if later people will hack longer, if they hack longer it's basically more damage than just throwing them out now and hoping for the worst...

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In India it has, can't remember what its called yuka I think, they have a crisis like we have with fentanal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's why we need regulation :teach:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Speak to Psi, he'll offer you some in Tempycoin. :tpi:
    +1
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Day after day, we drink beer, Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Beer can be bad for your teeth
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Teeth? What Teeth?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Do crack instead. Beer is more of a depressant.
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    I like taking trips without even leaving my house, if ya know what I mean.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hygienist name is Jose I'm like fuck Juan found me
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did he ask to see yo feet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's second cousin obsessed with teeth
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you wake up with your belt un-buckled?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Let me lift you up in my chair
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Down there, teeth removal is putting you behind an angry donkey.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth removal is tying the donkeys hair to the tooth and slapping it's ass
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cleaning stuff they used was actually nice tasted like frosting
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That'd be 2million pesos, drink this tequila for your pain.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Also buy my art senior don't forget what happened with Germany
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For reference, so everyone knows we are not racist, just like to pick on Juan, and he gives it back to us 'murdicans in return. I love me some latinos.
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    hello? anyone alive here?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm dead inside
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    at least you can chat :)
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    i dont want to sound silly, but im kind of lost, im new to this community and i have a lot of question and idk where to start
    Morganna @ Morganna: i dont want to sound silly, but im kind of lost, im new to this community and i have a lot of...