Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not really I'm a noob in the modding community
An exploit is software (or a file in the webkit exploit's case) that uses bugs in code (e.g. in the webbrowser) to put self-written code into the hardware's RAM and execute it! @Marionumber1 briefly explained the procedure a few pages back:
It's multiple flaws in security: a bug in the web browser that lets us control where the CPU jumps to, and then a bug in the kernel that lets us write to its memory (this is something that should not happen). Two security bugs can get you quite far.

Navjit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
An exploit is software (or a file in the webkit exploit's case) that uses bugs in code (e.g. in the webbrowser) to put self-written code into the hardware's RAM and execute it! @Marionumber1 briefly explained the procedure a few pages back:
Oh ok (BTW a new update is coming out for the Wii u on August 11 should I stay on 5.4.0 or update it)

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if Nintendo patches the kernel exploit with a new FW as soon as it is out?
Are there more than one stably exploitable bugs known?
I'm worried that we can't do any RAM hacking to the new Star Fox and Zelda game :(

There are currently two kernel exploits that I've personally developed: our original that was finished back in March, which was unreliable, and a very recent one I wrote that seems to work perfectly. In addition to those, there's Chadderz's kernel exploit. For browser exploits, we currently have one exploit for each time the browser is updated, with varying degrees of reliability. That may change soon if our idea for a new 5.4.0 exploit works out.

Navjit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do you know there's a new update coming out?
Nintendos tvii is going to be no longer on the Wii u I got a notification on my Wii u saying a new update will delete the tvii application on August 11

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I myself don't have vwii or hombrew on my Wii u but I do on my Wii

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendos tvii is going to be no longer on the Wii u I got a notification on my Wii u saying a new update will delete the tvii application on August 11

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I myself don't have vwii or hombrew on my Wii u but I do on my Wii

No tvii, no big loss, really.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well said I didn't look at the whole paragraph so I don't know if there are going to be other changes in the new update but I will check later
"stability enhencement and furter optimisations"

:mellow:

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
all console updates says that, when they say that its a secret like patching a fix or wii u software ETC
they might patch the hack lol
That's exactly what I was hinting :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sodium benefits