Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ehh? does this mean we can update our Wii U to 5.3.2 without losing out and start playing multiplayer right now or not?

Just wait it out for now! I think I know what Ryan is referring to (tagging isn't working right again ><). If i'm correct in my assumption, THIS IS NOT THE KERNEL EXPLOIT. I'm not going to drop any further hints than that. But if you want legitimate homebrew sooner rather than later, DO NOT UPDATE.

zeldacodse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wait it out for now! I think I know what Ryan is referring to (tagging isn't working right again ><). If i'm correct in my assumption, THIS IS NOT THE KERNEL EXPLOIT. I'm not going to drop any further hints than that. But if you want legitimate homebrew sooner rather than later, DO NOT UPDATE.

I luv you brother that's what we NEED, DON'T ADVISE ME JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO AND I'LL DO IT OHH YEAH

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I luv you brother that's what we NEED, DON'T ADVISE ME JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO AND I'LL DO IT OHH YEAH

WTF? lol

I was simply answering your question, do as you please :P. Just stating what I think....

For more info on what Ryan is referring to, I highly suggest PMing him. Perhaps he can elaborate more. I'm not 100% sure what he's referring to, just have a rough idea, based on something he recently discovered/obtained. I highly doubt he will be revealing it publicly right now. Not until its ready to see the day of light.....

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
i will say a certain someone has something working 5.3.2 ;3

I inadvertantly ended up on 5.3.2 while trying to update for Smas Bros (its a long story and i was half asleep) News like what you claim gives me hope, so if nothing else, thanks for keeping me hopeful. I appreciate that.

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I inadvertantly ended up on 5.3.2 while trying to update for Smas Bros (its a long story and i was half asleep) News like what you claim gives me hope, so if nothing else, thanks for keeping me hopeful. I appreciate that.

I suggest deleting all wifi settings from your console now to prevent another update (when one is released). If you have a lan adapter that's compatible with the Wii U, I highly suggest using that instead and just unplugging the ethernet cable whenever you're done using the Wii U. That's what I do and I'm still on 5.2.0 :).

EDIT: If you don't have lan adapter for the Wii U, you can get them dirt cheap on ebay, here you go: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...u+lan+adapter&_nkw=wii+u+lan+adapter&_sacat=0

Reactions: dojafoja

zeldacodse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF? lol

I was simply answering your question, do as you please :P. Just stating what I think....

For more info on what Ryan is referring to, I highly suggest PMing him. Perhaps he can elaborate more. I'm not 100% sure what he's referring to, just have a rough idea, based on something he recently discovered/obtained. I highly doubt he will be revealing it publicly right now. Not until its ready to see the day of light.....

lol sry anyone working on anything at the moment does not owe anything to us that's kinda what I was saying

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
the thing is!!!!! if the finishing product was almost done then there would be a video (concept of proof) but all we keep seeing/hearing from all devs and others with somewhat called claims. its coming.......... how many more years can everyone suck it up??? i just dont see logic in mentioning it every other day when there is probable still months and months left...... sorri im not being negative to the actual devs working on these exploits because i do appriciate the hard work you all put in

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got smash bro still not opened and I'm on 5.1.2 atm, waiting ... wondering if it's Worth waiting rather than playing super smash bor ...

smash bros contains the 5.2.0 update. You will only lose the current webkit exploit if you run the update. Kernel exploit is still compatible with that firmware. You would just need to wait for another Webkit exploit, which shouldn't take long after the kernel exploit is out as webkit is buggy as all heck and open source to boot! :P. It just isn't being actively worked on right now as Marionumber1 and NWPlayer123 are focusing on finishing the kernel exploit first.

Just make sure you remove all wifi settings etc from your Wii U BEFORE updating with the smash disc. Otherwise, it will download the latest firmware version from the 'net and install that instead of what's on the disc.

If you care about playing smash online then there's nothing you can do but update to the latest firmware. There's no way (currently) to play any Wii U games online without the latest firmware....

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
I suggest deleting all wifi settings from your console now to prevent another update (when one is released). If you have a lan adapter that's compatible with the Wii U, I highly suggest using that instead and just unplugging the ethernet cable whenever you're done using the Wii U. That's what I do and I'm still on 5.2.0 :).

EDIT: If you don't have lan adapter for the Wii U, you can get them dirt cheap on ebay, here you go: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...u+lan+adapter&_nkw=wii+u+lan+adapter&_sacat=0

Thanks for the link. I might try something like that out for size.

lol sry anyone working on anything at the moment does not owe anything to us that's kinda what I was saying

Yeah, they dont owe anybody anything. Its just a beautiful thing when they decide to share their work with the community.

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the thing is!!!!! if the finishing product was almost done then there would be a video (concept of proof) but all we keep seeing/hearing from all devs and others with somewhat called claims. its coming.......... how many more years can everyone suck it up??? i just dont see logic in mentioning it every other day when there is probable still months and months left...... sorri im not being negative to the actual devs working on these exploits because i do appriciate the hard work you all put in

chill dude, if they release a POC video too soon, Nintendo will know exactly what to patch before its even out. The only reason the devs drop in with brief updates regularly is because people are demanding it here! Its coming, just be patient.....

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
chill dude, if they release a POC video too soon, Nintendo will know exactly what to patch before its even out. The only reason the devs drop in with brief updates regularly is because people are demanding it here! Its coming, just be patient.....
im being patient i dont mind waiting at all as people are putting in there time and hard work/knowledge. i just get abit peed off with the hype each day and the same questions from people who dont read. but keep up the good work guys

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
im being patient i dont mind waiting at all as people are putting in there time and hard work/knowledge. i just get abit peed off with the hype each day and the same questions from people who dont read. but keep up the good work guys

Says the guy who constantly posts complaining that devs talk too much about their own projects. Have you also considered that the reason for hype is that people will complain if there is a lack thereof? People, including you, will complain either way.

Hey Ryan, does your thing enable piracy, since you're such a fan ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0