Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know its super early but Im hoping when an exploit is officially released, we get a decent N64 emulator.

Good thing Mupen64 Plus is open source, it's just a matter of someone porting and optimizing it, and it sounds like a Bsnes port will be worked on eventually, which is a first for a console.

Reactions: Margen67

Kargaroc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please. Look at the 3DS, that's orders of magnitude harder to crack but they did it, we have had the same amount of time but we're nowhere near their level. And that's just because there's not been as much interest. f0f was right about that.

I imagine SSB4 will slightly improve things, but for there to be real change, people will have to start supporting the Wii U with games, and Nintendo will have to improve their prehistoric attitude.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beta testing is probably just going to be amongst the people who already have access to WIP exploit stuff. Expect a release that's 100% finished and ready to go. Beta testing this sorta thing would be awful anyways.

SD card and USB exploits are 100% useless when the browser is as broken as it is. Also if anyone's looking for a kernel exploit (we've had our concept for ours for a while now), you wouldn't launch it from either of those anyways.

Reactions: VinsCool

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beta testing is probably just going to be amongst the people who already have access to WIP exploit stuff. Expect a release that's 100% finished and ready to go. Beta testing this sorta thing would be awful anyways.

SD card and USB exploits are 100% useless when the browser is as broken as it is. Also if anyone's looking for a kernel exploit (we've had our concept for ours for a while now), you wouldn't launch it from either of those anyways.

What can someone do if they want to help? I guess that's what people are trying to find out. I mean, yeah, some of us have moved to 5.2.0, which, well, heh, I might regret....unsurprisingly.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What can someone do if they want to help? I guess that's what people are trying to find out. I mean, yeah, some of us have moved to 5.2.0, which, well, heh, I might regret....unsurprisingly.

Learn PPC assembly and do some rop chain grunt-work? Shrug.

Not that much, prepare yourself for when it is possible to develop decent homebrew, go read the leaked SDK documentation, stuff like that.

Derp yeah this. We can compile code with SDK libs without needing the SDK now, which is pretty awesome. +1 for reading up on how to do apps for cafeos.

Reactions: VinsCool

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Learn PPC assembly and do some rop chain grunt-work? Shrug.

Derp yeah this. We can compile code with SDK libs without needing the SDK now, which is pretty awesome. +1 for reading up on how to do apps for cafeos.

I doubt I'd be of much help anyways, seeing as programming.....yeah, long story, won't spare the details here. That, and I'm already on 5.2.0, which further limits what I can do, and possibly cause problems for hacks. I was thinking of beta testing, but that's not feasible at the moment, unless the exploit is being ported over to 5.2.0.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt I'd be of much help anyways, seeing as programming.....yeah, long story, won't spare the details here. That, and I'm already on 5.2.0, which further limits what I can do, and possibly cause problems for hacks. I was thinking of beta testing, but that's not feasible at the moment, unless the exploit is being ported over to 5.2.0.

The exploit isn't patched in 5.2.0, to be fair. It'll support 5.2.0 on release probably.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The exploit isn't patched in 5.2.0, to be fair. It'll support 5.2.0 on release probably.

Therein lies the issue, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it now that I'm on it. I fear lest SSBU has some sneaky update on it....Ugh. :unsure: And what's this about Bsnes being ported?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone considered looking into the format of WiiU-formatted USB drives??

if we can crack that, we'd prbly have a way in... >_>

I'm not ruling out the fact the drive may be encrypted <_<

It uses a very strange FS I know that, but I don't know how one would look as not even Windows knows what the HDD format is.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
as long as it shows up as a RAW drive, you can look at it with HxD

EDIT:
I don't have a drive to play with atm as it would take a day to clear one out...
so IDK yet :P

That will be encrypted, so I doubt you will find something useful from that.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's encrypted with the common key when it's "lazy formatted" (it doesn't wipe everything to zeroes) and so you're out of luck. Until you find the key with an IOSU exploit you can't reencrypt drives and they WILL NOT be read (the wii u will refuse them if they're tampered) until then. Trust me, that was literally the first thing I looked into when we were first making the exploit. It's also somewhat documented in the newer SDK.

Tcll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's software, humans wrote it. It can never be 100% perfect.
EXCEPTION: if its coded by me :P yk

haha, looks like I got good competition :P

don't worry NWP, I'm just trimming down the possibilities :)
I'll be better help when I can actually catch up XD

but even so, with an IOSU exploit, once found, wouldn't it just be patched with an update??
bigN got smart now and implemented a system I've been designing for my program...
it wouldn't surprize me they'd have a full-patch system for that...

I'm going to shut my mouth right now because I might make private matters public if I continue :P

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha, looks like I got good competition :P

don't worry NWP, I'm just trimming down the possibilities :)
I'll be better help when I can actually catch up XD

but even so, with an IOSU exploit, once found, wouldn't it just be patched with an update??
bigN got smart now and implemented a system I've been designing for my program...
it wouldn't surprize me they'd have a full-patch system for that...

I'm going to shut my mouth right now because I might make private matters public if I continue :P

Now you know why I'm not 100% positive or why I don't have complete hope right now...

Tcll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, I know exactly what to do ;D
but something like this can't be discussed publicly, because the first place it goes is google, where nintendo has a quick link to it.

I'll create a convo, just let me know if you want to be added.
(don't worry, I'm an underdog, I know how to stay private with good info) ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT