Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We tried tons of bugs (or rather I did and MN1 compiled a list), basically anything that could possibly be used for an exploit, and most didn't work(all but like 2 or 3 and they couldn't be used by themselves, but we eventually found this one). And yeah, the reason we didn't keep using that was because it was patched.

koalaboy13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mind describing the exploit development process a bit? What happened between getting the browser to lock up for the first time and getting code execution?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well marionumber1 already had the binaries and knew what code he needed to run, and so all he had to do was search for the gadgets and then string them together. I don't understand it myself, you'd have to get his response for the whole thing.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We tried tons of bugs (or rather I did and MN1 compiled a list), basically anything that could possibly be used for an exploit, and most didn't work(all but like 2 or 3 and they couldn't be used by themselves, but we eventually found this one). And yeah, the reason we didn't keep using that was because it was patched.

Did you cold boot after EVERY test? The reason I ask is because when ANY exploit is triggered(even a faulty one) there is memory corruption and that memory corruption may ripple through the remaining tests.

I saw in one of the threads someone had an exploit that worked "1 out of 10 times". That is a pretty clear indication of stack/memory corruption and needing to start from a virgin state(if the exploit is correct). Or that on test number x of 10 that the cascading exploit tests have rippled into a positive result.

Crewman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did someone already managed to print something on the pad or tv, without stopping code execution like OSFatal does?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you cold boot after EVERY test? The reason I ask is because when ANY exploit is triggered(even a faulty one) there is memory corruption and that memory corruption may ripple through the remaining tests.

I saw in one of the threads someone had an exploit that worked "1 out of 10 times". That is a pretty clear indication of stack/memory corruption and needing to start from a virgin state(if the exploit is correct). Or that on test number x of 10 that the cascading exploit tests have rippled into a positive result.
I did for some of them (I had to physically pull the plug out of the wii u to get it to shut off) but not all of them. Quite a few of them worked (like 5 or 6 out of the 20 I think I tested) and after every time I had to do that. All I was testing was the layout tests they provided to trigger the crash. But a few of them I did test multiple times after pulling the cord after it crashed, and they seemed to be consistent.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did for some of them (I had to physically pull the plug out of the wii u to get it to shut off) but not all of them. Quite a few of them worked (like 5 or 6 out of the 20 I think I tested) and after every time I had to do that. All I was testing was the layout tests they provided to trigger the crash. But a few of them I did test multiple times after pulling the cord after it crashed, and they seemed to be consistent.

Yes, whenever you have a device that operates in standby power mode(which is basically anything that is operated by remote control) you,usually, have to power down completely for a cold boot. Instead of physically pulling the plug out of the wall, You could have put the wiiu on a power strip or gotten something similar to this remote control outlet(you can find similar devices at many hardware stores etc).
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Acc...ireless-Remote-Control-Kit-RC-015-3/202353567
http://www.menards.com/main/p-2289563-c-12683.htm

The key to a remote control outlet is to make sure the TOTAL watts you need for your device (or devices if connected to a power strip) does NOT exceed the wattage rating of the remote outlet specs.

But a remote control outlet would also work nicely for those people who don't want to run to the wall to pull a power cord to prevent an update.

If you have the time, see if you can retest the failed exploits or pass them off to someone you trust to test them or talk to the team/group and consider putting the failed ones up on github or bitbucket sometimes more can be learn from failures than from successes.
Remember, Edison took a 1000 failed attempts at the light bulb. I mean that's just crazy. He could have just waited for Tesla to do it and then stole his work. But I digress.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To defend f0f which anyone knows I have maybe done only a handful of times (they'll mock me even for this), they said INTEREST IN DEVELOPING. Many people are probably looking for handouts and free games. There appears to be some interest here and not like I am good enough to gauge everyone's abilities, there are some results from the work by Marionumber1 and others. No disrespect but I forget names guys (and girls). Exciting times, keep up the good work.

NWplayer also;-) Plus Maxternal and a few others. There, those names I know.

D

Deleted User

Hey guys, this may be completey useless but on 5.0 in the web browser, turning the system off with the gamepad causes the system to freeze %99 of the time. Again, probably useless but just incase its not then yeah.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol