CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
it appears to just have a visual effect, still nice to see that if can at least fake out the menu I guess.
Do you have breakpoints working?
You could set a breakpoint on write on the text string and maybe see where it loads the fw data from

hungtlam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a brand spanking new Wii U Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 8 eBay this week, I updated to 4.1.0 from the game disc. But I cannot created a NNID. I ended up with 5.5.0 so I can have my ID created. I also bought the MK8 DLC. :) . Now, can I still install homebrew channel with the new 5.5.0 FW?

Lory171

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just got a brand spanking new Wii U Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 8 eBay this week, I updated to 4.1.0 from the game disc. But I cannot created a NNID. I ended up with 5.5.0 so I can have my ID created. I also bought the MK8 DLC. :) . Now, can I still install homebrew channel with the new 5.5.0 FW?

if you mean on vWii side the answer is yes

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you have breakpoints working?
You could set a breakpoint on write on the text string and maybe see where it loads the fw data from
I would at first need to find the sources of the gecko codehandler I guess and port it over to 3.1.0 since all the addresses are wrong.

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
A hacker scene without drama is like a peanutbutter jelly sandwich without jelly.

But anyways, from what I quickly saw now MK8 hacking is finally slowly starting (for everyone), firmware spoof is being worked on (probably one of the most important things for peps on 5.3.2 and so on) and and and. Cool!

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
A hacker scene without drama is like a peanutbutter jelly sandwich without jelly.

But anyways, from what I quickly saw now MK8 hacking is finally slowly starting, firmware spoof is being worked on (probably one of the most important things for peps on 5.3.2 and so on) and and and. Cool!
And Virtual Console games injections!

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Oh yeah, totally forgot about that! So, is this practical for "not so Wii U hacker pro people" like me too so far? And are savegames working for injected ROMs?
If yes: *throws money at screen*
Yes, saves works.

Reactions: EpicLPer

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What do I need to download in order to get the Japanese AllMessage.szs?
Screenshot from 2015-09-04 01:13:23.png

EDIT: it failed because I blocked Nintendo's URLs, but I still don't know the ID of the Japanese menu... how could I find it?

Last edited by nastys,
Reactions: MiZ J0K3R

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
C:\Cafiine\server\cafiine_root\00050000-1010EC00\vol\aoc0005000c1010ec00\0019\course\D3ds_NeoBowserCity

loading dlc yay
Has the dlcs to be installed to make this to work?

I mean, assuming someone had the dlc files, but not bought it.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't tried that yet. Sounds interesting, though...would have to take the DLC, rename the strings inside of some of the BIN files, and then load it over another course...
I was wondering that because Markus95 was chatting about that with me the other day (before he accidentally deleted his update data lol).
Assuming some files could be replaced for DLCs data.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Yesterday I bought myself Mario Kart 8. I was just wondering (im currently on 5.3.2) and is there any way to unlock that 200cc (or was it 300) DLC without updating ones console?

Cheerios!

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yesterday I bought myself Mario Kart 8. I was just wondering (im currently on 5.3.2) and is there any way to unlock that 200cc (or was it 300) DLC without updating ones console?

Cheerios!
Currently, no, since it requires the 4.0 MK8 update to get the 200cc option :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay