1. kbf

kbf GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Ok now when I try to load haxchi(I give up on WUP installer it's not working..) it just boots me back to the system menu. Can someone please reply and help I don't know why this is happening.

2. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

United States
    Sorry if this is a stupid question. But are sig patches the things that help you quit smoking? why are they discussed so much here?

jbuck1975, I pwned U!, brienj and 2 others like this.
  3. Zaptekmeow

Zaptekmeow Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    If you followed this guide --> https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial
    You have to hold B while haxchi is loading, after a few seconds its loading the Wupinstaller

Last edited by Zaptekmeow, Jan 4, 2017
  4. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    Because if we all weren't spending so much money on sigarettes, we would have been able to afford a PS4 instead of a Wii U.

5. M tha MaN

M tha MaN GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Not really...WiiU is more expensive than PS4 here in Germany :D

6. brienj

brienj Trying to avoid getting cancer

United States
    Here's an update with content. I am currently porting most of the currently available homebrew to rpx and creating installable channels out of them. @aliaspider helped me find the problem with the ports not working unless HBL was started first. Now that that issue is resolved, I can finish most of them. I've just finished working versions of Flappy Bird, U-Paint, and @Maschell 's GX2 GUI Template which will have the source code to make it easy for people to make their own installable channel using his template. I will be contacting @pwsincd so a page can be created on WiiUBru which will have the downloads for every port made into an installable rpx channel. There are at least a few of us developers who don't say, "It's just the Wii U", nor pick up the ball and run with it.

7. EpicLPer

EpicLPer Nice unless you give me a reason to hate you ;)

Austria
    Okay, this might be stupid but I wasn't active in the whole Wii U hacking community for a while (like 3-4 months or so)...

Is it currently worth hacking the Wii U? Is it safe enough already (for non-stupid people who can follow guides step-by-step of course)? If yes, what can be done (just as example) and how?

8. Alanoide97

Alanoide97 Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    All retrolib emulators on the homebrew appstore.
    Mocha is a CFW. Patching signatures son you can run backups, updates and DLC from sysNAND, RedNAND or a USB device (formatted by the WiiU).
    Dimok working on Fat32 support.
    Apply patches and mods to titles installed to the WiiU with FTPii everywhere or WUPclient.

There is coldboot patching called CBHC, its an updated Haxchi, same requirements: An exploitable NDS VC legit title and a way to launch Homebrew Launcher. Easy to do, but will render the NDS title unusable, and if you delete or move it, you'll brick

9. EpicLPer

Austria
    Oh damn o-O

10. Alanoide97

Alanoide97 Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Personally i dont use haxchi because its easier to tell my little brothers to wait until i run Mocha for them, and keep the console on; than risking the need of a hardmod

11. EpicLPer

Austria
    So, best is waiting still? I mean, I don't need it right now anyways, I was just curious :)

12. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

Germany
    Haxchi is pretty safe. As long as you unplug all your USB drives while installing and don't delete or move the haxchi ds title to a different storage nothing can go wrong honestly.

13. Alanoide97

Alanoide97 Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Yeah, but tbh, everything can go wrong with a pair of toddlers wanting to play Lego...

14. brienj

brienj Trying to avoid getting cancer

United States
    You two are confusing Haxchi with CBHC. CBHC is the only one with a chance of brick, because it changes system files for a coldboot, Haxchi does NOT. If Haxchi doesn't install correctly, you just go into the memory management and delete Haxchi. Haxchi couldn't be any safer.

15. Alanoide97

Alanoide97 Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Sorry, using the wrong name, haxchi is the one where at every boot first you run the hacked NDS game right.
    @EpicLPer , as the guy above said, only the cold boot has risk,. Aside from that, you can just manually run the hax at each boot, be it haxchi or through the web browser

16. Maximilious

Maximilious *whistles his distinct tune*

United States
    Exactly my thought, except it's just me using the console and I'm 30 haha. I feel much safer running Mocha each boot cycle than configuring CBH and risking a brick.

Alanoide97 likes this.
  17. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Australia
    I'm on the hunt for anyone's old/broken Wii Us for some hardware hacking, please let me know if you're interested. Got a thread in the Trading section here.

I pwned U! likes this.
  18. scyllahydre

scyllahydre Member
    Newcomer

France
    vWii GC adapters support would be a thing too.

19. JaceCearK1

JaceCearK1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Gambia, The
    Nintendon't supports the GCN Controller Adapter, what else do you mean? :)

20. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

United States
    It'd be nice for Wii games that should support GC controllers could be patched for the adapter though

Pachee and LinkFan16 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Discussion, Homebrew, Hacking