Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
The stuff from SALT required changing file permissions on the filesystem, yeah that's always safe, and who knows what else ...

Could you imagine a program for Linux requiring you to change the permissions on your system files to 777? :D
I'd place it in the same category as a program that runs in kernelmode, takes control of other applications, creates a /dev node, or makes fundamental and permanent changes to the security model.
:P

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And of course Team Salt never released a thing. I bet it's because Mocha is way better and they are embarrassed that they've had a whole team working on stuff for six months or a year and they weren't able to produce something better than 1 guy in a month or so.
To be fair, they did finally release the WOOMY Installer friendly GUI, which was basically useless.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have to use the exploit everytime now if I want to use homebrew? only way I can do it if if I have a certain title?

Also
FunKiiU is a title downloader from nintendo server. You need to install python to get it working: https://github.com/llakssz/FunKiiU

Yep you can.

What is python? isn't that some complicated programming language thing? is it difficult to get FunkiiU up and running?

Also i'm currently on this step: https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUT...ling-HaxchiFW-&-The-Homebrew-Launcher-Channel anything I need to know before continuing on? i'm very cautious and just want to make sure nothing is outdated here. Also I was getting a whitescreen with HBL 1.4 and went to 1.3. Is there any benefits 1.4 has over 1.3?

Also it looks like I don't own a game that hackchi can work on..is there any other method?

Last edited by kbf,

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have to use the exploit everytime now if I want to use homebrew? only way I can do it if if I have a certain title?

Also

What is python? isn't that some complicated programming language thing? is it difficult to get FunkiiU up and running?

Also i'm currently on this step: https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUT...ling-HaxchiFW-&-The-Homebrew-Launcher-Channel anything I need to know before continuing on? i'm very cautious and just want to make sure nothing is outdated here. Also I was getting a whitescreen with HBL 1.4 and went to 1.3. Is there any benefits 1.4 has over 1.3?
You just need to install it at python.org .

And yes you have to install a title for this.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You just need to install it at python.org .

And yes you have to install a title for this.

Egh...well damn. Thanks anyway I guess. I can always hack it later I guess until I can get an e shop game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also can I skip this: https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/4:-Installing-redNAND-with-Mocha-CFW if I already have hackchi installed?

Ok i'm pretty confused right now as iv'e never used Python. I have the python window open but i'm not sure how you use it? like I have the files for Funkiuu and I have python and I already have a string I want to input but I don't know how to make it work? do I need to drag the funkiuu files somewhere first? i'm still confused sorry.

Last edited by kbf,

Alanoide97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Egh...well damn. Thanks anyway I guess. I can always hack it later I guess until I can get an e shop game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also can I skip this: https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/4:-Installing-redNAND-with-Mocha-CFW if I already have hackchi installed?

Ok i'm pretty confused right now as iv'e never used Python. I have the python window open but i'm not sure how you use it? like I have the files for Funkiuu and I have python and I already have a string I want to input but I don't know how to make it work? do I need to drag the funkiuu files somewhere first? i'm still confused sorry.

Just drop funkiiu and funkii ui files on the folder where python was installed, and doble click gui.py

Alanoide97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry i'm still confused https://gyazo.com/bc7dbf58953dd5aed4203724156a51a8 where do I click now? and can I copy and paste strings I find for titles?
OK, you can go through three different routes.

1- Learn to use the console commands of FunkiiU. Not that hard, but prone to user error.

2- Grab this zip and put its content on the same folder from the screenshot. Then run gui.py. Easier,same functionality than above but with a GUI.

3- Go over here and grab the WiiU USB Helper for Windows. Access to the same functions but with way more simplicity.

I use the third option, it doesn't require Python nor anything like that.
Its your call

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is pathetic now, sighs, I left the scene for the same reasons as everyone else, everything went to shit after people decided they could do everything themselves and smea releasing haxchi only made it worse :^)
come back when you have boot1hax and then we'll talk, that custom boot stuff is just a workaround

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is pathetic now, sighs, I left the scene for the same reasons as everyone else, everything went to shit after people decided they could do everything themselves and smea releasing haxchi only made it worse :^)
come back when you have boot1hax and then we'll talk, that custom boot stuff is just a workaround
You can't leave the scene. The scene is the scene. I can't believe you left it. I wish there was a roster that had the list of current people in the scene, then a column for 'on sabbatical' or 'permanently left'. It is too tough knowing who is still in and who isn't.

Also, I am usually good at detecting this... but concerning the "pathetic now" comment that was a little tongue in cheek right?

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, you can go through three different routes.

1- Learn to use the console commands of FunkiiU. Not that hard, but prone to user error.

2- Grab this zip and put its content on the same folder from the screenshot. Then run gui.py. Easier,same functionality than above but with a GUI.

3- Go over here and grab the WiiU USB Helper for Windows. Access to the same functions but with way more simplicity.

I use the third option, it doesn't require Python nor anything like that.
Its your call

I got wiiU USB helper but it says I need something called an Archive path. But I assume you're not allowed to post it here huh.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all the abuse being thrown at Team SALT for no sensible reason, I'm surprised any devs still bother.
At this rate they might was well just give up on any attempt to get boot1. Everyone already got the usb games they wanted so much.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
I don't know about you, guys, but I respect and trust @QuarkTheAwesome and @shinyquagsire23 wholeheartedly.
I can't about the rest of the team, but if they are involved I have faith in the project :P
Thanks!
I'm going to misread the implication behind that and remind y'all that I'm totally independent of team SALT.
I would say something like "I wish I was involved!" but I actually really don't want that, so, uh, this post isn't going anywhere.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP

why do you say this then sit in specific wiiu irc channels ?? you cant leave but keep your foot in the door ? da fuk are you on about !!

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I left the scene for the same reasons as everyone else, everything went to shit after people decided they could do everything themselves

<NWPlayer123> never really left for any other reason than it took up all my time tbh

Well.

Maybe you're just salty because you aren't the special person with the private exploits anymore?

Last edited by Maschell,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/