Wii U Games With Active Online Gaming

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by WiiCube_2013, Jul 4, 2014.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Please don't recommend me Mario Kart 8 as I've played the shit out of it and neither any CoD titles, Injustice (I tried going online and it didn't work) or Tekken (fun game but not a sticker for it).

2. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    Here is a list of wiiu games, that make use of the nintendo network... but that doesn't mean, they have heavy online usage... so unless somebody else tells you some good games, you can still at least take a look at those games listed here and find out about their online features
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Network_games#Wii_U

I think, Monster Hunter would be an example for the type of game you are looking for

3. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Monster hunter 3U is hugely active. Probably the most active wii-u game after MK8.

Assassins creed 4 multiplayer is still fairly active too. I never have trouble finding people for a game altho its not the exsactly deep gameplay. Its fun for a few rounds if you have nothing better to do tho!

4. You should wait for the new game Splatoon or something.

5. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Rayman Legends

6. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
  7. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I'll be buying Splatoon and am hoping they'll add Mario to it as a guest character because his Sunshine clone fits the game.

I don't remember Rayman Legends allowing online co-op, but aside from that I've been thinking of getting because it's a great platforming game.

Yeah online play on Wii U is pretty limited unfortunately and wish Nintendo would make something about it.

8. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Co-op? I thought you were only looking for online play.

In any case, It does allow that in the weekly challenge and daily challenge, but not in the extreme ones. But I greatly discourage that, since it affects rankings a lot and just ruins the fun of the game. It sadly doesn't have a separate leaderboards for single players and co-op players

9. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I just meant online play without co-op but if that were another option I'd be up for it.

For now I think I'll still stick to MK8.

10. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    For what it's worth, the game is great with extensive content. The online play is very addicting as well once you get to practice it. I went up to 6th worldwide before I finally retired.

From what I understand it's also $20 now. So I don't think there will be a better time to buy it

11. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I've played it so much that it went from addictive to tiresome, but it's still somewhat fun.