Hacking Wii U Games RAM Hacking Progress

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What's the progress on reading/ writing random access memory (RAM) of Wii U games by utilizing the web browser? Is it true that the current exploit only allows access to the browser itself and nothing else?

Since Chadderz found a way to "break out" in order to create some Mario Kart 8 mods, is there any information regarding it or is it all kept private?

Thank you.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marionumber1 and co are currently working on getting kernel-level access. Once that's done, we'll be able to do RAM hacking and such. This didn't really need a new thread.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the progress on reading/ writing random access memory (RAM) of Wii U games by utilizing the web browser? Is it true that the current exploit only allows access to the browser itself and nothing else?

Since Chadderz found a way to "break out" in order to create some Mario Kart 8 mods, is there any information regarding it or is it all kept private?

Thank you.

Thank you.
So far Chadderz and Beans are keeping quite on how they're pulling it off. They aren't ready to release the exploit yet

YellowYoYos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kept private thank god, or else BullyWiiPlaza would be making codes and ruining online play like he's done with so many other online games in the past on the Wii.

Reactions: google and Relys

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this allow for Project M style mods or GeckoOS style cheats?

Yes, and that's the plan, our main focus is allowing for people to develop mods (coming from the SMG hacking scene), and just homebrew in general. Once we have a kernel exploit, we can disable the memory protection and be able to read and write memory on the fly as we want, and build up from there. See: Everything that MrBean has done thus far plus more.

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, and that's the plan, our main focus is allowing for people to develop mods (coming from the SMG hacking scene), and just homebrew in general. Once we have a kernel exploit, we can disable the memory protection and be able to read and write memory on the fly as we want, and build up from there.

As someone who actively plays Project M competitively and travels hundreds of miles for regional tournaments, frequently interacts with the creators of said mod, and mods local people's Wii's for PM, you are my hero. I'll be following eagerly. I wish I had the experience necessary to assist in some way with the lower-layer work you all do. Thank you.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, and that's the plan, our main focus is allowing for people to develop mods (coming from the SMG hacking scene), and just homebrew in general. Once we have a kernel exploit, we can disable the memory protection and be able to read and write memory on the fly as we want, and build up from there. See: Everything that MrBean has done thus far plus more.

That's what I've been hoping for since I first saw the MK8 Hacks. I would love to see a Project M style mod for Smash 4. Region free would be nice too ;) I'd gladly take mods over region free though.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you.

Yeah, the reason why people keep the information private is so little psychopathic skriddies like you can't wreak havok at others expense.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kept private thank god, or else BullyWiiPlaza would be making codes and ruining online play like he's done with so many other online games in the past on the Wii.

Yep, the Wii. The console that was pretty much a open shooting gallery with no anti-cheat systems.

Now, meet the Wii U. The console known to have anti-cheat systems in place.

Reactions: Kargaroc

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marionumber1 and co are currently working on getting kernel-level access. Once that's done, we'll be able to do RAM hacking and such. This didn't really need a new thread.
Hopefully a tool will be released sometime after Marionumber1 and co pull this off like, Gecko DotNet. While I already completed Zelda Windwaker HD, I would like to be able to find codes like infinite harts (life), so that way I do not have to worry about Link's health.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep, the Wii. The console that was pretty much a open shooting gallery with no anti-cheat systems.

Now, meet the Wii U. The console known to have anti-cheat systems in place.
You're dead-wrong, they only rely on their system's security. Once that's broken, it's the Wii all over again.

A few Wii games had anti-cheating measures too and they have to be programmed by the game developers which usually doesn't happen since they can care less about that. Guess what? All of them got hacked too but with increased efforts.

Apparently Mario Kart 8 has no protection either, otherwise they wouldn't be able to mod it that easily by now. I haven't heard a thing about complications in doing it which makes a lot of sense since there are none.

Relys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm dead wrong but you know for sure that MK8 has no anti-cheat systems? Where's your proof? Your claim that it has no protection because it's moddable is BS. Why? MODS ARE NOT CHEATS! Stop spreading FUD around modifications!

What on earth are you talking about? You make no sense. MK8 has no anti-cheat system. Anti-Cheat systems use heuristic methods of introspection to fingerprint malicious modifications to RAM. PC games do this. Call of Duty for consoles does this. But most games on console do not.

Marionumber1 and the rest of the team all want to create things like SM3DW mods, CTGP Revolution and Project M.

We want to be constructive with hacking and create things for peoples enjoyment. We don't want to laugh at others suffering. That is despicable and any skriddy could do it.

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What on earth are you talking about? You make no sense. MK8 has no anti-cheat system. Anti-Cheat systems use heuristic methods of introspection to fingerprint malicious modifications to RAM. PC games do this. Call of Duty for consoles does this. But most games on console do not.

Marionumber1 and the rest of the team all want to create things like SM3DW mods, CTGP Revolution and Project M.

We want to be constructive with hacking and create things for peoples enjoyment. We don't want to laugh at others suffering. That is despicable and any skriddy could do it.

Ah, thanks for actually explaining rather than saying "there is no cheat system" then going on about how this and that was secure then hackers broke in, etc. Some of us have no idea how these things work.

With that, I agree: MK8 has no cheat system.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, thanks for actually explaining rather than saying "there is no cheat system" then going on about how this and that was secure then hackers broke in, etc. Some of us have no idea how these things work.

That statement is incorrect. Online Cheating is easily detectable.
All you have to do is watch Chadderz and Mrbean's Twitch feed from Mario Kart 8 hacking sessions and they explain how easily cheating would/could be detected by Nintendo.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That statement is incorrect. Online Cheating is easily detectable.
All you have to do is watch Chadderz and Mrbean's Twitch feed from Mario Kart 8 hacking sessions and they explain how easily cheating would/could be detected by Nintendo.

It's easily detectable? Now I know why cheaters were so rampant during the MKWii days.

Which one is it? does it or does it not have an anti-cheat system? I'm confused. Relys says it doesn't and you say it does.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's easily detectable? Now I know why cheaters were so rampant during the MKWii days.

Which one is it? does it or does it not have an anti-cheat system? I'm confused. Relys says it doesn't and you say it does.

Relys is correct there appears to be no offline "ANTI-cheating system". But no one really cares if you cheat yourself or cheat your friends and/or family. BUT online is easily detactable that's one of the reasons none of their ghost data has been uploaded.

Relys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So I will give you a simple example of how anti-cheat system would work.

Say you have a player with X,Y,Z coordinates in 3d space. As these coordinates change, the player moves across the screen right?

Well, a cheater could modify these values in RAM to give him/herself super speed or teleport to a coordinate.

A real "anti-cheat" system would take a sample of these values across a range of time and say "Hey, this player's sample velocity is higher than the maximum velocity allowed by the game engine. I'm going to start looking at him to see if he does it again".

Same idea goes for infinite power ups etc.

There are also functions used to introspect RAM to see if protected areas are being modified. As well as functions to see if firmware has been tampered with. For example CoD:Ghosts for PS3 does this, although you can patch these functions return values to bypass them.

It is a constant battle of developers to use security through obscurity to make it too difficult and time consuming for malicious players to keep up with the latest integrity checks.

I don't want to see public online play ruined. It is not funny to have lulz at others expense. People come and play games to relax, to get away from the stress in their lives and to enjoy the game with their friends and family. It takes a special kind of sick psychopath to ruin online games for other players.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who actively plays Project M competitively and travels hundreds of miles for regional tournaments, frequently interacts with the creators of said mod, and mods local people's Wii's for PM, you are my hero. I'll be following eagerly. I wish I had the experience necessary to assist in some way with the lower-layer work you all do. Thank you.

Sup PRAXS, You remember me from AiB?

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs