Wii U games on usb hard drive

darrin41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve looked a few videos but nothing shows you how to put Wii U games on a hard drive or what format the manes need to be I’m using norma

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You need to dump them with wudd in the app format, then you can install them with the WUP Installer of your choice

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is your Wii U hacked? If not, follow this guide.

Once you have Aroma and Tiramisu installed properly, install NUSSpli as well and download the games you want with it. Due to Wii U's hardware limitations, WiFi download speed is limited to ~1.5MBps, so keep that in mind if you plan to queue a long list of games (make sure to disable standby functions before that so that your console doesn't go to sleep). If you have an original Wii USB LAN adapter, you can increase the maximum download speed to ~3MBps.

For the games to work, you'll need latest sigpatches as well.
Download the 01_sigpatches.rpx file and paste it into /wiiu/environments/tiramisu/modules/setup and /wiiu/environments/aroma/modules/setup on your SD Card.

What about usb helper
That one still works great for most of the titles, but from what I remember it doesn't have the latest updates for some of the games (unless they've fixed and updated that recently?). I suggest using either NUSSpli (recommended) or WiiUDownloader nowadays.

Reactions: darrin41

darrin41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Once you have Aroma and Tiramisu installed properly, install NUSSpli as well and download the games you want with it. Due to Wii U's hardware limitations, WiFi download speed is limited to ~1.5MBps, so keep that in mind if you plan to queue a long list of games (make sure to disable standby functions before that so that your console doesn't go to sleep). If you have an original Wii USB LAN adapter, you can increase the maximum download speed to ~3MBps.

Download the 01_sigpatches.rpx file and paste it into /wiiu/environments/tiramisu/modules/setup and /wiiu/environments/aroma/modules/setup on your SD Card.

That one still works great for most of the titles, but from what I remember it doesn't have the latest updates for some of the games (unless they've fixed and updated that recently?). I suggest using either NUSSpli (recommended) or WiiUDownloader nowadays.
This is the information I was looking for
Post automatically merged:

it is hacked with aroma only

I’m looking for something to power my usb hard drive for Wii U there saying some kind of cord but no name of it

I forgot about the Wii U it’s been under my cabinet for years decided I’d hack it everything went smoothly

Last edited by darrin41,
Reactions: Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Not needed as NUSspli disables automatic power down aka APD when doing important things, like working through a queue: https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/blob/master/src/queue.c#L149 ;)
I didn't know that it was implemented. ^^ Thanks for letting me know.
Sadly, I reinstalled Wii U games on my new SSDs back in May 2023 and, while downloading through NUSSpli, my Wii U unfortunately turned off or something. I'm not sure which version I had back then (probably the latest available due to the update notification popping up at the program launch if an older version is detected), but I guess APD wasn't a thing back then. After I've disabled standby functions, as expected, it remained on and all of the games got installed without any problem. Once installed, I enabled all those standy functions, power savings and whatnots.
it is hacked with aroma only
Good. Then you can use NUSSpli.whub on Aroma.
I’m looking for something to power my usb hard drive for Wii U there saying some kind of cord but no name of it
You'll need either an Y cable or an HDD with an external power supply. Which one? Depends on what kind of connector goes into your external HDD (e.g. mine has all type A male connectors, while the more common ones use the micro-B connector, 2.0 or 3.0). You can find those easily on AliExpress and eBay, maybe even in your local computer store.

neverends4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still got read error using Y cable+ 2.5' HDD enclosure, so to save time just go for 3.5' enclosure/ones with external power supply.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1