Wii U disc/download format

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Hiccup, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Hiccup
    OP

Hiccup GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2009
    Is there info anywhere on the format of Wii U disc images, and the format(s) of Wii U download software.

Thanks

2. Twili

Twili Banned

Banned
    Mar 20, 2014
    United States
    Yes.cs

http://svn.code.sf.net/p/vgmtoolbox/code/format/VGMToolbox/format/iso/NintendoWiiUOpticalDisc.cs

What scene releases and Cemu call a "title key" should actually be a "disc key." It's unique to the disc the title was dumped from, not to the title.

For tickets: http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Ticket (applies to Wii U)

So, you decrypt the title key using the common key and the title ID padded at the end with 0000000000000000 as the IV using AES-CBC.

Then for decrypting .app files, use the decrypted title key and the cIDX padded at the end with 0000000000000000000000000000 as the IV using AES-CBC.

The cIDX is obtained from the TMD; at 0xB04 are the content entries, each 0x30 bytes. The first 4 bytes are the content ID, essentially the filenames of the .app files. The next 2 are cIDX (content index.)

Last edited by Twili, Oct 23, 2015
  3. Hiccup
    OP

Nov 21, 2009
    Thanks, but I don't really understand the code. I'm particularly interested in:
    what different partitions are there
    what header info is there in a disc image

4. FaTaL_ErRoR

FaTaL_ErRoR AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ

Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    This actually isn't as correct as you think it is. Take two of the exact same games and dump them from the same console. You should yield the same title key. Take two discs from two different consoles and you should yield two different title keys. As far as I can tell the title key is somehow being changed by the drive key. The only other way to have two different title keys would be if the two discs had different firmware updates contained in disc. Other than that it is your unique console that makes the ID change on the title key.
    But by all means feel free to not listen to me at all. (I mean what do I know ;))

5. mixelpixx

mixelpixx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2014
    United States
    y0uR m0mz b0x
    this info?

Attached Files:

Hiccup and Vexiant like this.
  6. Vexiant

Vexiant Banned

Banned
    Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    some say I'm the only intangible human to ever live

7. Hiccup
    OP

Nov 21, 2009
    Thanks, but could you give some explanations for each bit?
    Also, I still want the format of digital games :P