wii u death

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by ekosantos, Apr 17, 2014.

1. ekosantos
    OP

ekosantos Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2014
    blue ligth death repair???

2. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    Now that I have all the essential information regarding your problem, I will commence the repairs immediately!

3. laudern
    This message by laudern has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Apr 17, 2014, Reason: not an image board.
    Apr 17, 2014
  4. TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth :P
    Please provide more info about the issues you're having. Otherwise nobody will be able to help you.

5. Onion_Knight

Onion_Knight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2014
    You can ask some RROD or YLOD repair folks. Its a similar issue and will require a GPU Reflow or Reball (Permanent Fix). As for what he's asking its: Does anybody fix the issue where the Wii U light turns blue and blinks slowly....the GPU is not properly soldered to the Motherboard. If you didn't have this problem before, than contact Nintendo, your warranty should cover this unless its too late.

6. FPSRussi4

FPSRussi4 Clean up your act and cut the crap.

Dec 1, 2013
    Laos
    looks like someone was able to help him.

7. TeamScriptKiddies

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    I'm working with him now on this. We've been having a private conversation back and forth. As for this being an overheating issue, I don't believe it is. This is most likely a corrupted firmware issue as he was updating his console when he lost power. Classic....

8. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    he has to send it to nintendo than

9. TeamScriptKiddies

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Ya, only other option would 'maybe' be to swap out the motherboard (take one from a donor Wii U, with say a broken disc drive or something), but I'm not 100% sure that would work, because I have no idea if Wii U drives are universal or if they have a key assigned to them like 360, PS3 etc. If there's a key assigned then he's out of luck (at least for now) and Nintendo is his only option.

10. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    If the Wii U is still under warranty, just send it to Ninty.

If not, getting it reballed would be your only permanent fix.

11. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I still don't understand how this happens... Unless you A.), didn't pay your power bill, and they shut you off, or B.), you live in a ghetto place that has rolling blackouts. Seriously, nobody's luck can possibly be so bad that they lose power during an update...

12. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    I feel fortunate, my Wii U is connected to an outlet that is activated by a light switch, and my buddy didn't know this. I was updating my Wii U firmware a few weeks ago, and he hit what he thought was the light and the Wii U went out. I was freaking, my vWii is hacked, and I thought for sure my Wii U was corrupted. To my surprise, it started up fine and I was able to update the firmware again and this time let it go all the way through. It still plays perfectly.

13. Sheimi

Sheimi A cute Vixen!

Oct 22, 2009
    United States
    I did this morning when updating my wii with patches that caused a brick. I never lose power unless the weather is bad or some idiot hits a light pole. I am guessing there was a rolling blackout this morning. Wii is fixed.

14. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The chances of winning the lottery are ridiculously low, but there are still people who win.
    It's only a matter of time.
    Plus there are people with old/bad circuit breakers that can't take a lot of amps so turning on something like a water heater or microwave could flip the circuit breaker and voila, brick.

15. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    That's pretty sad... I love living in the city, with modern electricity. I've never had a blackout, unless I hadn't payed my electric bill in a month. And the chances of me flashing any type of firmware to something at that exact moment of power cut-off? I'd have more of a chance winning the Powerball without even playing, before that happens.