Hardware Wii U controller & Manga?

Aruu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I know its stupid to ask about this because the system is not out yet, but i still wanna ask what the pro think about it,
I was wondering if it will be possible to read manga on the Wii U controller?
You see, i was planning on buying a tablet soon to read manga, but if the Wii U controller will be able to do it i might get a 2 in 1 package, and i will enjoy both games & manga & save money...

What do you think about the idea? i think many people will actually use it if it will be possible :creep:

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its interesting as long as you can get on the internet with the Wii U and actually browse with the tablet Might not be all that bad.

Aruu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Im pretty sure you will be able to connect to the internet... er... i hope so anyway :glare:
Also the size is kinda fits becuase a manga page is 7'' & the controller is 6.2, still worth it if you ask me.. ^_^ (or read it on the side and just roll the page... if you be able to do it that is)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Im pretty sure you will be able to connect to the internet... er... i hope so anyway :glare:
Also the size is kinda fits becuase a manga page is 7'' & the controller is 6.2, still worth it if you ask me.. ^_^ (or read it on the side and just roll the page... if you be able to do it that is)
By all means I would assume the measured size of the page in inches or centimeters or whatever would depend more on the resolution and/or zoom of the screen than the actual size of the screen itself. I don't know what the resolution is but you'd just hope it didn't get too grainy when zoomed to fit.

The on the side thing makes sense. You'd get more lines of resolution that way at least.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You we will be stuck from as far as you can be from the console (like around a normal house) since the console has the majority of the power.

Unless the controller have enough power to go on the internet itself with a decent browser or even some small room to hold data then I think it would do well with Manga on the go.

D

Deleted_171835

It'll work with the internet browser. You won't be able to use it outside of your house, though (not that anyone actually uses a tablet outside).

Reactions: 3 people

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, i mean i didnt state that. you are all probably right, you wont be able to leave the area of effect from the WiiU.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just rig up the right kind of battery pack and stick the console in your backpack with enough ventilation and you can take it anywhere. It's just like a semi-wireless version of those portable GameCubes people have rigged up.

Or you could buy a tablet computer and save yourself some hassle.

Reactions: 2 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just rig up the right kind of battery pack and stick the console in your backpack with enough ventilation and you can take it anywhere. It's just like a semi-wireless version of those portable GameCubes people have rigged up.

I was about to skip this comment on accident and post the same thing.

Although most people who read manga in the places that aren't Japan live in their homes and get little social contact anyway so I guess being tethered to a console won't be bad for them.

Reactions: 1 person

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I was about to skip this comment on accident and post the same thing.

Although most people who read manga in the places that aren't Japan live in their homes and get little social contact anyway so I guess being tethered to a console won't be bad for them.

Do you realize how stupid of a stereotype that is?
Thats like saying most people who play games sit in front of a PC all day and fap to mass effect cutscenes.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted_171835

Guild, you've said some stupid things before but this takes the cake.

And few people actually use tablets outside so the Wii U is a better choice (unless he can get a cheaper tablet). It's impractical considering the size.

Reactions: 1 person

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country

.. Inches on a screen are measured along the hypotenuse. Manga is at normally at smallest 5"x7", which, in screen dimensions a screen, is equivalent to 8.6", plus the resolution has to be taken into account.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-