Gaming Wii U and vWii microphone, does it work?

Volt26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I usually avoid asking stuff I can google but this time, I googled so much my fingers burn and I still can't get an answer to these simple questions :

1) can I play Wii games on my Wii U (vWii side) with a microphone?

If #1 is positive :
2) can I play a vWii game with the Wii U microphone or do I need to buy a Wii microphone?

Thank you for your time!

Last edited by Volt26,

Volt26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would like to bump this just in case someone tried a microphone on his Wii U / VWii.. I'd like to know if it can work and what microphone should be bought. Thank you!

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to bump this just in case someone tried a microphone on his Wii U / VWii.. I'd like to know if it can work and what microphone should be bought. Thank you!
Just a little heads up Volt26 it is against gbatemp.net rules to bump threads and doing so can lead to you being suspended or banned from the site.

Volt26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Marko76 Thank you for the reply, I'll be careful not to do it again

@tswntk Thank you for the answer! At least now I know the Wii U mic won't work in VWii. But I saw a german video where a microphone works with USB Loader Gx on a Wii U. I'll try to understand what is different on my setup. Source :

Edit : From what I see, there is one major difference. He uses d2x v10beta53-alt-vWii base 56. I tried to apply the other changes to my current setup and the microphone is not recognized. Please note the microphone is recognized when I insert a original CD Wii game inside my Wii U. The only time it is not recognized is within USBLoader and WiiFlow. I don't know yet what the "alt" means in the version of d2x but I will look it up. :)

Edit2: well.. It looks like I got my answer from this page : https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/wiki/How-to-choose-the-d2x-distribution-fitting-your-needs . d2x-alt gives this exclusive benefit : Fully plug&play usb devices, meaning that you can connect them when the game asks for them. I will get lower compatibility for nand emulation. Altough I'm not quite sure what it means... I don't have the intention of playing a ton of games anyways.. Just a few party games and this sing party game as well... What are your opinions?

Last edited by Volt26,
Reactions: BeckysFootSlave

Volt26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good news : I got the microphone to work on Sing It Disney Family Hits. I achieved this with d2x v10beta53-alt-vWii base 56 + USB Loader GX + 32gb USB key on top USB port of the Wii U + microphone plugged on the bottom USB port of the Wii U.

Am I supposed to be able to plug a 2nd one? If yes, what USB port can it be plugged it? A guide I read elsewhere clearly says the microphone HAS to be on the bottom port. There is no mention of another recognized USB port... :(

Edit : I tested with a usb hub and I can plug in my Wii U HDD + microphone and both work within their respective worlds.. So I guess a 2nd microphone will work as well.. Both front usb ports will be used for my guitar hero live guitars.. Man, that Wii U won't have a single free port! :P

Last edited by Volt26,
Reactions: eumagnun

PlugoffGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news : I got the microphone to work on Sing It Disney Family Hits. I achieved this with d2x v10beta53-alt-vWii base 56 + USB Loader GX + 32gb USB key on top USB port of the Wii U + microphone plugged on the bottom USB port of the Wii U.

Am I supposed to be able to plug a 2nd one? If yes, what USB port can it be plugged it? A guide I read elsewhere clearly says the microphone HAS to be on the bottom port. There is no mention of another recognized USB port... :(

Edit : I tested with a usb hub and I can plug in my Wii U HDD + microphone and both work within their respective worlds.. So I guess a 2nd microphone will work as well.. Both front usb ports will be used for my guitar hero live guitars.. Man, that Wii U won't have a single free port! :P

Can you please Elaborate on that? i am using Wii Flow only to play vWii Discs and i have the same problem with the same game too. i cannot get the microphone to work, now i get the part about needing to plug it into the second USB port but what is "d2x v10beta53-alt-vWii base 56 + USB Loader GX + 32gb USB key on top USB port of the Wii U"

sfs76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it can help someone. The Nintendo WiiU microphone (the one sold in a bundle with Sing Party) works in my case on the vWii (not tested yet on a Wii, I'll try asap). Tested with Let's sing & Let's sing 2014 under USB Loader GX, but only if it is plugged in the rear bottom USB plug as mentioned in a post above (ie not working with the front USC plugs), the top rear plug being occupied in my case by a hard drive containing the games.
I uses the advised d2x install described in most recent guides (on 249 & 250), using for these games the ciOS 250 (base 57) instead of the default ciOS 249.

Last edited by sfs76,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel