Wii to Wii U Transfer Question

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by g4jek8j54, Jan 25, 2013.

Jan 25, 2013
  1. g4jek8j54
    OP

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sorry if this is the wrong board for this topic. I wasn't sure of where to post it.

Anyway, I am looking to transfer all of my Wii saves, Virtual Console titles, WiiWare games, and Wii Shop Channel information over to my Wii U. From what I understand, once you do this, the Wii Shop information is no longer tied to your Wii console, but moved over to the Wii U console (please correct me if I am wrong on this). Also, if I have read correctly, I can make a NAND backup with BootMii (I have BootMii as boot2), and the Virtual Console and WiiWare titles will be back on the Wii console. However, will the Shop Channel information be back on the Wii as well? In other words, will I be able to re-download titles that I have already purchased, and purchase new titles on the Wii? Thanks in advance!

2. realfolkblues

Newcomer realfolkblues Newbie

United States
    Yes the nand back up will return all of your old titles to your wii, but the shop channel downloads will not work again on the wii, they may work on the wii u, but don't quote me on that.

g4jek8j54 likes this.
  3. julialy

Member julialy Homebrewer

United States
    no, the shop channel stuff won't be back on the wii so if you go on the wii shop channel all your games on that wii will be unplayable, however you can play them with no worries on the wii u

g4jek8j54 likes this.
  4. g4jek8j54
    OP

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I figured that was the case, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the response guys!