Hacking Wii Theme Team Creations

AndrewAshleyRupe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
theres quite alot of panes in the my_IplTop_a.brlyt that use my_TVSheet_b as a texture you just need to edit them one at a time till you get it how you want

Ok i was trying to change the white/gray board by the channels thank you

I converted the brlyt file to xmlyt but i dont know what i should change to make the top background behind the channels to red

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
you need to edit
Picture_00
Picture_01
Picture_02
Picture_03
Picture_04
Picture_05
Picture_06
Picture_07
Picture_08
Picture_09
board0
board1
board2
board3
board4
BaseMask0
BaseMask1
BaseMask2
BaseMask3
BaseMask4

like this

Code:

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the mym file is a zip renamed to mym if you packed it in a new mym be sure you didnt make a rar by mistake

also the file mym.ini must be in the root of the mym,

AndrewAshleyRupe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
the mym file is a zip renamed to mym if you packed it in a new mym be sure you didnt make a rar by mistake

also the file mym.ini must be in the root of the mym,

yeah i did all that correct but instead of selecting all the files i accidently just zipped the folder instead so i re did it this morning sorry.

PS I got the theme together and running but the red still isnt showing all the way

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool themes! not sure if you are taking requests, but I would love to see a Yoshi based theme, with different coloured Yoshis & Yoshi Eggs..... but not to bright or kiddish....
I would also like to see this; keeping in mind I never made a theme but how difficult is it to redo the whole system menu? not the setting or anything but where the channels are displayed?
An example would be like a PS3 type or 360 type theme. I've seen a youtube video where someone made a 360 tab theme for the Wii but never posted the download for it and I cannot seem to find it as of recently :( but I'm curious about the extent/learning one might go through to accomplish this?

Well thanks in advance.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depends how thorough you want to be. You could just download a premade theme and replace the images in it. But then any layout changes etc. would have to be the same as in the original theme.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we are stuck just changing pics around and no actual custom made theme? I really like having catagories like the PS3 xmb does or how the oringial Xbox did with multiple themes like Avalache and various other themes. I like the themes here but I was wondering if this was possible.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ps3 and 360 type things aren't possible your still governed by the hardcoded parts of the menu even a complete windows theme is out as theres no way to make a start button that would bring up the channels

closest you will get is the Wii OS theme we made as the mac has everything on the toolbar at the bottom that theme took 4 or 5 weeks to make and get it all right at like 4 - 5 hour most of the days maybe more

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if this has been mentioned but the Bleach(4.0) theme I downloaded from filesonic is not working properly on MyMenu, I run the first one(36 frames run first.mym) then I'm guessing I should run bleach 4.0.mym second? when I run the second one it says "Image failed to resize! I wonder why, might be an issue with the input (script, base WAD, etc)."

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if this has been mentioned but the Bleach(4.0) theme I downloaded from filesonic is not working properly on MyMenu, I run the first one(36 frames run first.mym) then I'm guessing I should run bleach 4.0.mym second? when I run the second one it says "Image failed to resize! I wonder why, might be an issue with the input (script, base WAD, etc)."

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a little stuck with a theme prob........

I've been using the Dark Yellow theme with wide healthpatch on my 4.2E, and trying it on a 4.1E produces a blackscreen when I go to Wii > Wii settings
Any idea how I could fix this to display properly?

nvm - d/loaded mym again and remade - thanx for the great themes :D

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
did you combine the 2 myms in to 1 csm or in to 2 then install both

you need to combine them
first make the csm using the run first of the theme you want
then load thememii with the next mym and when asked for the base app point it to the csm
(you can rename the csm to .app to make it show or in the dialog box put a * then hit enter to make it shaw all files so you can select the csm)
and so on

if you set the standard system menu in options you need to unclick it so thememii will ask you for the base app

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY