Hacking Wii system menu not loading

pawan98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My wii just won't load, when I click the power button, nothing comes up, its just a black screen. When I put my SD Card in, BootMii comes up, and from BootMii, I can go to the HBC from there, but I don't want to keep my SD Card in, and keep on doing that. The problem started when I installed Priiloader a couple of days back, for extra protection. So I can still boot my games from my USB from HBC, but I want my system menu back, and I don't want to use my SD Card. Please help!

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
reinstall SM and its ios
I recommensd SM 4.1 and IOS 60 with patches
You can download this with ModMii

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Priiloader strikes agiain. sir you have a menu brick. Reinstalling priiloader or system menu should solve it. frankly just reinstall system menu and forget priiloader ever exsisted.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
kylster said:
since bootmii comes up have you tried doing a restore?
The restore should be always the last thing to use because you lost most of your changes to the wii

pawan98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
UPDATE: UPDATE; I just removed PriLoader from my system, it's all working, except, my disk channel says to update. Seems like Priiloader was creating a problem. However, now, it says that my disk channel must update.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
pawan98 said:
UPDATE: UPDATE; I just removed PriLoader from my system, it's all working, except, my disk channel says to update. Seems like Priiloader was creating a problem. However, now, it says that my disk channel must update.
Install priiloader 0.4 236 mod from ModMii and enable the hacks to block updates

pawan98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed the latest priiloader from ModMii, I used the hacks to block the updates, but it didn't work because priiloader was blocking me from getting in my menu anyway!

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
pawan98 said:
I installed the latest priiloader from ModMii, I used the hacks to block the updates, but it didn't work because priiloader was blocking me from getting in my menu anyway!
modmii wont install latest priiloader
and there are hacks in priiloader to make the SM show a black screen when booting

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Patch ios36
Install priiloader v0.6 with ios36
Delete from priiloaders meta.xml
Install from HBC
Put hacks_hash.ini on your sd card
Don't enable hacks that you don't want to use.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
Patch ios36
Install from HBC
This is what I do whenever I mod someone's Wii. I see no reason to use v0.4 or do it any other way.

pawan98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The overall problem is that:

For Priiloader, it seems like when I have Priiloader installed, I can't access my system menu. When I uninstall it I can. And I double checked that the wrong cheats weren't enabled. But I need priiloader because my disk channel says update. And a cheat can stop that from happening

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pawan98 said:
If I remember correctly, ModMii only has Priiloader 0.4 mod available. Try reinstalling the system menu again (to wipe away Priiloader), and try installing Priiloader 0.6 doing what mauifrog suggested:

QUOTE(mauifrog @ Mar 6 2011, 12:01 PM) Patch ios36
Install from HBC

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I advise against installing priiloader v0.6 until the HBC network init. bug is addressed... until then, it is potentially dangerous for those without bootmii @ boot2.

Try uninstalling priiloader (by using the (un)installer or be reinstalling your system menu), then run "nand clean" (http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/nandclean) and use it to remove all traces of priiloader's system menu hacks on your console (I'm thinking some traces are being left behind that are interfering with your clean priiloader\hacks installation). Then reinstall priiloader v0.4 and enable the hacks u want and hopefully it all works as intended. Also double check your autoboot settings are set to load the system menu at start up.

If this doesn't work, u can try priiloader v0.6 as others have suggested (to reduce risk of the HBC network init. bug, make sure u have a working internet connection set up on the Wii before installing)... OR, you can not install priiloader and instead use startpatch to block disc updates. Warning... if u do not have bootmii @ boot2, priiloader is highly recommended for brick protection and should be used instead of startpatch, if u have bootmii @ boot2, then u can safely use startpatch instead of priiloader.

edit: if u delete "no_ios_reload" from the meta.xml as others have suggested, the priiloader v0.6 installer should be safe.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
I advise against installing priiloader v0.6 until the HBC network init. bug is addressed... until then, it is potentially dangerous for those without bootmii @ boot2.
As you already mentioned, deleting the no_ios_reload makes it safe. I actually see no reason why Priiloader 0.6 should solve pawan98's problem over Priiloader 0.4 mod; I'm just trying to help troubleshoot. In fact, I'm half convinced pawan98 is confusing the Blackscreen at Wii system menu Startup hack with the Replace Healthwarning with Backmenu hack.

XFlak, is there a reason why Priiloader 0.6 hasn't been added to ModMii? I'm just curious.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XFlak if it makes you feel better, my softmod guide has had over 10000 downloads since I updated it to priiloader 0.6 installing with patched ios36 (No ABHPROT). No brick reports, and it can load the new HBC. I would not suggest running it with ABHPROT.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yea, but I take the 'purist' position on IOSs and don't like patching IOS36. The only active IOS that ModMii patches is the system menu IOS because it is the only IOS that has any benefit to being patched (unless u are a fan of darkcorp)

what I think daco (or anyone else really) should do is build an alternate priiloader v0.6 installer that uses the old v0.4 installer code, then we can just load the installer using IOS236... or someone could add an IOS selector as many other apps have. Since the installer dol and priiloader itself are compiled separately before merging I imagine it wouldn't be that hard to do

Anyways, it's good to know that priiloader v0.6 can be safely installed using a patched IOS36, I'll definitely keep that in mind, thx

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Lacius said:
XFlak, is there a reason why Priiloader 0.6 hasn't been added to ModMii? I'm just curious.
see this and this for my reasoning
Thanks, those reasons are why I figured you used Priiloader 0.4; my question really should have been why you don't use Priiloader 0.6 with no_ios_reload disabled. However, you answered my question when you said you didn't want to advocate patching IOS36. You're right that an installer should be made for use with IOS236.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!