Not open for further replies.

Koopser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok so, I was playing my Wii yesterday and it was fine. Last games I played were Sonic and the Secret Rings and Kirby's Return to Dreamland, both original copies. My Wii is kinda old, had to change de disc reader once and it has an old Wiikey modchip. I had Homebrew channel installed for quite a while, so I could play imports. Unlike many that had this error, I've never even installed a WAD/VC/Wiiware game. Today when I tried to turn it on, nothing would come on the screen, but the Wiimote would still connect. I've let it unplugged for a while and came back. This time it went to the Wii menu, but instantly I received the message that my memory was full and that I had to delete somethings, even though I had plenty of space avaible. I tried to delete a lot of things, but nothing even worked, so as my last resort, I formatted the Wii, since a lot of people said that this solved their problems. It did not, and now I'm stuck with a formatted Wii that has 0 blocks avaible. I don't know what to do, since I can't install or do anything because I can't get past the Wii Menu screen to use the actual channels. I didn't really want to buy a new Wii without trying everything possible first, so I need some help.

PS: Also, after formatting, I noticed that one save file was missing all along, it was the save for the Japanese game Minna no Rhythm Tengoku. It´s not on my SD card and it wasn't on my Wii before I formatted it. Maybe this save became corrupted and somehow vanished? It's strange though, because formatting didn't solve the problem.

PS2: My wii's version is the latest one (4.3u)

Koopser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Unfortunately, no, I never thought I would have this kind of problem since I never tweaked too much with my Wii's important files.

camochase

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok then how far exactly does it let you go does it let you acsess your mail,channels or system options or anything, and if you do fix it i highly recommend at least installing priiloader and bootmii

Koopser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can only access System Settings and Memory Data (Channels and savegames). Anything on the Wii Menu (Mails and Channels) are out of question, because there's a pop up message that redirects me to system settings automatically

camochase

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well than im sorry for you i have no idea what to do at this point, i would see if someone could fix it internally/physicly (i dont know how but its possible) but if i come up with something soon ill be shure to post it

Koopser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, thanks for your time anyway :)

I forgot to add 2 bizarre things. One is that I suddenly had a Tomb Raider Collection Savedata (I've never even played the game), another is that I had a savedata just named "English" made by "English", very bizarre, the icon was just a bunch of colors, perhaps that was my Minna no Rhythm Tengoku savedata.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are on a system menu old enough, you can use bannerbomb, otherwise try loading smash bros from the recovery menu and the smash stack. if you are able to start any homebrew, then you sdould be able to get to bootmii, and from there make a nand dump. then take some time to look at the nand dump and see if you can see what is causing your issue. and only after that sholud you try deleting and formatting and whatever else trying to fix it.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you go into settings/data management/channels do you have any channels showing at all? If you do, move them to the SD card, or if you can't do that delete them - the Wii+Internet movie is a good one to ditch 'cause it's freaking huge. Hopefully this will let you back into System menu. If you get back in I would suggest a by-the-numbers ModMii install, including a Priiloader re-install after you have your new System menu in place - good luck.

BTW: Hock-shops where I live sell a Wii with all the hookups for $60 so maybe if you've really logged a lot of hours on yours it's time to replace it. If you get another, softmod it and get a USB HDD, then rip your games to it and hugely extend the life of both your Wii and your game discs.

Koopser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Like I said, my Wii version is 4.3U and I just formatted, so I don't have any channel or any save file on it, and it still shows "Open Blocks: 0". I guess that the recovery mode is my only option, but from what I've read, I have to open a GC controller or something?

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like I said, my Wii version is 4.3U and I just formatted, so I don't have any channel or any save file on it, and it still shows "Open Blocks: 0". I guess that the recovery mode is my only option, but from what I've read, I have to open a GC controller or something?

Try formatting again?

Koopser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got to recovery menu, but nothing happens. Tried loading a lot of games, the system version on the right side do disappear, but the games never load. I guess I'm stuck until Nintendo releases a new firmware version...

Koopser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If, by chance, I did have BootMii installed (don't know if it's boot2 or IOS), but no NAND backup, how would I be able to solve this?

Edit: Meh, just confirmed I don't have boot2 and I am unlikely to have IOS, so I guess I'm screwed

camochase

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just thought of an idea what about recovery mode? doesnt tht let you boot auto boot discs so you can boot homebrew, and what about maintenance mode? i just found out about it on (http://sites.google....tesg/unbricking) its pretty cool and you might be able to bypass it to install HBC and priiloader

Koopser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maitenance Mode doesn't make any difference. I can get into recovery mode, but none of the "autoboot" discs work (maybe I'm getting bad ones?) So now, I'm looking for the Last Chance Unbrick Disk v3, to see if it makes any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1