WII stopped working - black screen

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by shahneshah, Dec 23, 2008.

Dec 23, 2008
  1. shahneshah
    OP

Newcomer shahneshah Newbie

United Kingdom
    the wii was working just fine yesterday but when i tried to on it today it switches on and im greeted to a black screen where my wii remotes do not even sync. last i was playing yesterday smackdown 09 with my brother we switched off the wii from the power button but now this
    any help would be great
    thanks

2. blazeburning

Newcomer blazeburning Newbie

Canada
    Man! it happened to me too Yesterday i was playing guitar hero 3 and turned off then this morning opened it up and nothing but a black screen whats up with nintendo do they hack over us or what but hey i wanna know, did you have menu version 3.4?? cuz i did

3. shahneshah
    OP

United Kingdom
    no idea i tried to hardly update my wii so i think its one of the older versions say about 2.9 or sumthin since i last updated for the internet channel

4. Quincy

Member Quincy Your own personal guitarist :3

Netherlands
    try to let it run for a few minutes maybe it will turn on normaly after a while(I had this too so i know what i am saying)Or else try to unplug the power cord for a little while!

5. shahneshah
    OP

United Kingdom
    tried that but still no luck i dont get it it was working fine the day b4 and den suddenly just stops, i didnt hav the internet configured or anything so how can it just stop working??

6. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    god fucking damn it some one help us i have the same issue too!!

7. plexo

Member plexo GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    use the savemiifree (controller with up down left right pressed down at once)
    and try a recovery, not quite sure how to do this with your particular issues but im sure i am heading u in the right direction

8. shahneshah
    OP

United Kingdom
    how do you do that?

9. salsacorp

Newcomer salsacorp Newbie

Australia
    Hi all,

My wii originally had 3.4E on it, and using the twilight hack and the manual IOS changes tried to downgrade my system to 3.2E

after following all the steps in the GBAtemp guide for offline downgrade, my wii stalled when restarting after installing the system-menu WAD and now all when I turn on my wii there is no video connection (my TV say's no input) and my wii remote will not sync.

Obviously I have stuffed something up, can anyone help at all?

Thank heaps.

10. oxMUDxo

Member oxMUDxo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It sounds like you all have some kind of hard ware failure or installed something bad...

If you installed a unbricker/ recorvy menu such as PreLoaded, SaveMii, etc you can try to fix it that way...
    If you didn't I think there is something in the works that might help you, either way I'll treat it as a bricked Wii first..

salsacorp,

Sorry to say you're Wii is bricked..[​IMG] It didn't have enough time to install the necessary stuff to work...
    It took me 20+ minutes to install 3.2U it gets stuck at a few spots but you NEVER WANT TO TURN OF A SYSTEM DURNING A UPDATE!!!

Sorry guys I wish I could help you more..

11. salsacorp

Newcomer salsacorp Newbie

Australia
    Thanks oxMUDxo

Not what I wanted to hear but at least i know what I have done.