Hacking Wii Sports with Uloader

Abernus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hia ll,

A while ago I used the Zelda hack to put 3.2e on my Wii, all was working great until my wife went out and bought Wii Sports Active. This would not work, after some reading I found a hacked version 4.0e of the Wii OS, put this and and all was good again.

Last night a friend of mine told me about Hermes Uloader V 3.0B I put this on and most games work from my HDD except Wii Sports resort. Every time I try to launch it the Wii just resest, I have tried using all the CIOS versions in the Options and also Skip CIOS

Would I be best downgrading my Wii back to 3.2e and then re-installing the CIOS for Uloader?

Thanks

KageJuin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
is it your first time playing Wii Sports Resort?
if it is, use the alternate dol method

go to the options of your iso and enable alternate dol

all should be fine...
but first you gotta play player.dol
and once you've watched the movie you can restart your wii or w/e let it reset
and then play it from main.dol

you should be fine then

Abernus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is not my first time playing. I used to play it from the DVD using a backup launcher ( i forget the name of it) It the one with the orange screen and allows you to turn on 002 fixing. Would I still need to enable Alternate.dol?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, change the alt dol to player.dol in uLoader, run it and let the video play (turn down the sound...halfway through the video it'll "screech"). When done, boot uLoader again and choose to "delete alt dol" on the game. It isn't really deleting the dol, just the setting to use it in uLoader this time around. Boot it up and it'll work fine.

Abernus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info, just re-read the uloader instruction on the .dol stuff. Will give this a try tonight when I get in from work

Abernus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Me again. I have just spent over an hour looking for either rztj.dol or player.dol. Anyway I have found a copy of rztj.dol but I am not sure where to put this. I have tried the root of the SD card, creating a folder called Games on the SD card and putting it on there. I have looked on the HDD using WBFS but I can't load the .dol to it from here.

Please can someone help me as I am almost at the point of seeing if my Wii can fly!!!!!!!

Abernus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I decided to try something without any reasearch and if my Wii bricked so be it. PLease not this may or may not be of any use to anyone.

I am using Uloader V3.0B and been trying to follow numerous guides on the internet about how to get Wii Sports Resort working. They all call for either player.dol or RZTJ.dol files to get you past the video demo of WM+.
Ignore all other guides as they don't work for Uloader V3.0B I selected sports resort and told it to scan for alternate.dol files and all it would find was one called mplayer.dol, Load this and hey presto the WM+ video loads and I am now playing Sports resort.

I hope this is of some help to someone and stops them from wasting hours of thier time trying to follow other guides.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay