Hardware Wii Speak

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still not certain about the whole wii memory issue how will nintendo figure out DLC and go on with Pay to Play DLC

note: sorry I keep shifting topics but these are things that should be looked into.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No its cool. Its actual kind of relaxing getting to talk to someone so freely about Nintendo. All Nintedo has to really has to do is open up the sd card. Let us play our vc games and channels of that and do exactly what guitar hero is doing in terms of dlc.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm... well I found out that Wii Speak doesn't come in a bundle with Animal Crossing now thats a little odd.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah. I just assumed it would come with Animal Crossing when I was listening to the conference. Ill still buy it. I think a 3rd party will use the software Ninty is using and just make a headset.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sjones900 said:
hmm... well I found out that Wii Speak doesn't come in a bundle with Animal Crossing now thats a little odd.
This probably means that it will be relatively expensive, or maybe Nintendo is just a bit too greedy now.

abort_user

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant believe they announced 2 peripherals at e3. i have mixed feelings about both.

WiiSpeak is great because its a mic. but it sounds and looks expensive. and if this is true how many games are going to use it? hopefully we might see some 3rd party headsets. but if no games use it, whats the point? another concern: there is no way to mute it or turn it on or off. or at least it doesnt seem that way. if im talking to someone in the room i dont really wanna worry about if what im saying might be appropriate for the internet kiddies. it makes things complicated.

actually my hope is that the conduit team made or found a manufacturer of a headset already. i mean they were working on voice chat prior.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seems like a freaking pointless accessory if you ask me. Why they didn't just implement voice chat through headset over Wifi is beyond me.

Having an open mic seems like it would be more of a problem than any help...

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MC DUI said:
Seems like a freaking pointless accessory if you ask me. Why they didn't just implement voice chat through headset over Wifi is beyond me.

Having an open mic seems like it would be more of a problem than any help...
Its all in Nintendo's plan. You have to let the parents hear if strangers are picking up on their kids or whatever. Not to mention you have to speak louder with that thing farther away so the parents can hear if their kids are cussing.

QUOTE(sjones900 @ Jul 15 2008, 06:52 PM) I need to know if I had that wii motion plus and nyko's kama nunchuck could I use them together?
I dont own a Kama but I think its safe to presume that its like other Wiimote add ons. So basically yes it can just like any nunchuck can. It has a hole like your wiimote in the back of it. Watch the E3 video and watch Reggie with the water racer thing...nuchuck and motion+.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
whatisthedealwiththebrick.jpg

lol power brick

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/07/1...k-to-the-table/

I don't think people understand, Wii Speak doesn't come with animal crossing.

QUOTE said:
According to a press release put out by Nintendo earlier today, the WiiSpeak microphone will be sold separately for $29.99.

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/07/1...tely-for-29-99/

xdredskater0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after watching E3, I think quite clearly it's a very sensitive microphone, which will be used in a numerous amount of different ways in Wii gaming. I think it can be used in all Wi-Fi compatible games after its release, and considering how revolutionary the Wii system is, (motion sensing controllers, and motion sensing boards that you stand on [wii remote, wii balance board]), I think it will also be used in non Wi-Fi compatible games that are similar to 'Hey You Pikachu' games, and DS games as well.

Son of Science

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xdredskater0x said:
Well after watching E3, I think quite clearly it's a very sensitive microphone, which will be used in a numerous amount of different ways in Wii gaming. I think it can be used in all Wi-Fi compatible games after its release, and considering how revolutionary the Wii system is, (motion sensing controllers, and motion sensing boards that you stand on [wii remote, wii balance board]), I think it will also be used in non Wi-Fi compatible games that are similar to 'Hey You Pikachu' games, and DS games as well.

I would love a new Hey You Pikachu game XD... but i doubt the ability to speak over Wi-Fi... highly. The DS does have the capabilities to make all Wi-Fi games have voice chat, but Nintendo considers their systems more for younger people. Voice chat=pedophile paradise

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
we all knew a mic was coming soon, but the biggest surprise to me is placing ti atop the sensor bar, making it a more communal experience
fantastic idea to get away from headsets

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shawnieboy said:
xdredskater0x said:

I would love a new Hey You Pikachu game XD... but i doubt the ability to speak over Wi-Fi... highly. The DS does have the capabilities to make all Wi-Fi games have voice chat, but Nintendo considers their systems more for younger people. Voice chat=pedophile paradise
I'm curious to know what you mean by that ^^^. Do you mean you don't think it wont be used in many games or it wont work well? Because it appears as long as a developer is willing to actually try (High Voltage), Nintendo would be willing to let you use the device in your game. As you know the device was barely announced Tuesday, it is already promised to be used in the Conduit. It is also apparently very strong at picking up voices even in the loudest of rooms according to attendees of E3.

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I was watching E3 live when they announced WiiSpeak, and truly (in my opinion that is), Animal crossing is most liekly going to be one of about 7 games they'll use WiiSpeak for. People are going to start demanding that they put it out for anyone matches in brawl, for online shooters with random people, etc. If they don't give in, there sales will decline. If they do give in, Petifiles will go on and sexually talk to children and they're sales will drastically decline. Well, thats my opinion.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorox said:
I was watching E3 live when they announced WiiSpeak, and truly (in my opinion that is), Animal crossing is most liekly going to be one of about 7 games they'll use WiiSpeak for. People are going to start demanding that they put it out for anyone matches in brawl, for online shooters with random people, etc. If they don't give in, there sales will decline. If they do give in, Petifiles will go on and sexually talk to children and they're sales will drastically decline. Well, thats my opinion.
Yeah....
If you mean by Nintendo u might be right. I think 3rd party wont crazy over it but just act like its a regular thing like what they do with other consoles. Their sales will never decline from something like that.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, Nintendo has always been about doing things differently. Headsets is something that Sony and Microsoft and Nokia and Motorola and...etc. are doing. Headsets are private, isolating, and don't really promote the community experience. The little speaker here is the opposite of that. I mean, the Wii is catered to families, something everyone can crowd around and enjoy and play and all. If you pay attention to the Wii commercials, almost all of them involve people crowded on a couch playing or at least participating somewhat in the goings-on on the television.

I probably wouldn't use it that much, but I also don't use headsets either. =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: