Wii Speak

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by dinofan01, Jul 15, 2008.

Jul 15, 2008

Wii Speak by dinofan01 at 11:43 PM (4,152 Views / 0 Likes) 45 replies

1. dinofan01
    OP

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    If you want to talk about the new Wii microphone or ask any questions here is the place.Ask whatever you want. Ill start this discussion by giving a near general question; Do you think the Wii speak act as a head set as you can only speak and hear through it or do you think it can be used for other purposes such as a music game or I don't know another "Hey You Pikachu" type game?

2. sjones900

Member sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    wii speak the one that comes with animal crossing: city folk is for a whole room to talk to another room over wifi, as for being a headset maybe by a 3rd party.

3. dogman

Member dogman GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    Well, I have a question:

How will it work? Through WiiSpeak enabled games? Or through a WiiSpeak "background" channel? (That is, will I be able to play older online games with wiispeak?)

But no one has the damn thing yet, so all i can do is speculate things.

About the mic itself: I like the fact that it connects everyone in the room [​IMG] Why the hell didn't they make this sooner?! And why isnt the sensor bar attached to the same usb port? Why does it have to use it's own special port?

4. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    It will work in games that support it... if the game doesn't support it, it won't work with that game (so no Brawl chatting)

It will plug in via USB (there was a box that you could see in the picture with it)

The sensor bar doesn't connect to a USB port, not sure what kind of Wii you have, lol

5. sjones900

United States
    I'm guessing it will work through Wii Speak enabled games but if it worked for brawl that would be cool and the wii sensor bar has it's special port for power thats why you don't have to waste 1 of the 2 usb ports you have just for powering the sensor bar.

6. Jademalo

Member Jademalo GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    sensor bars port is simply a power suppy, thats why

7. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    So, as for USB accessories for the Wii we have :

LAN adapter
    Keyboard (any USB will work)
    Microphone
    WiiSpeak

with only 2 USB ports, I hope Ninty makes a WiiHub, lol

8. sjones900

United States
    what I want to know is if they will make a wii camera of some sort and use wii speak as a mic and it would be like the eye chat that ps3 and 360 has now that would be cool.

9. dinofan01
    OP

United States
    I can only hope Nintendo will update the message board with online chat or at least a channel dedicated to the headset. You know be able to talk to your friends via keyboard or Wii speak so you can get ready to play a wifi game or whatever.

10. dinofan01
    OP

United States
    I secretly was hoping that Nintendo would announce a special camera for Wii a couple of days ago. If anyone saw a lot of E3 coverage from last year they probably would have saw a special camera that could detect everything; distance, height, length. You know all that good stuff that really could make a unique experience.

11. sjones900

United States
    That would be good too.

12. dinofan01
    OP

United States
    Yeah but since its what we want Nintendo wont give it to us. I can only some homebrew comes out and does this.

13. Endogene

Member Endogene GBAtemp Fan

France
    tell me, the wiispeack thing it's placed next to the sensor bar in the presentation no?
    wouldn't that mean that the sound generated by the tv would be picked up by it?
    I don't know if the microphone thing is possible of chanlling out the sound of the tv...
    Although it wouldnt really bother me playing my games with a headphones (better sound quality in my case) so that the noise of the TV doesnt make the conversation harder to understand... but it's not all that practical

14. sjones900

United States
    In my opinion the Wii is a social system, if Nintendo hooked up with MySpace and Skype the sales would fly through the roof.

15. Endogene

Member Endogene GBAtemp Fan

France
    i dont think nintendo would like to hook up with myspace for safety reasons, myspace is full of creeps

16. sjones900

United States

Oh yeah I forgot about that silly me they are the ones that insist we use friend codes.

17. sjones900

United States
    well just to keep the ball rolling what other games do you think will support wii speak

18. dinofan01
    OP

United States
    IDK. I can only hope High Voltage delays the Conduit a couple of weeks and puts this in.

19. sjones900

United States
    well I still think they should hook up with another company like how Microsoft and Netflix did to give some new feature. Oh I almost forgot my best bet would be that Animal Crossing: City Folk will be pay to play because of the wii speak thing

20. dinofan01
    OP

United States
    IDK about the pay and play. I think it just free crappy online. If they charge for anything that's not Nintendo themed furniture and stuff I wouldn't pay a thing.