Wii Softmod Answers And Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DoctorSmash, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoctorSmash
    OP

DoctorSmash GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2013
    United States
    Need help you came to the right place just tell me what you did how i can fix it or if its even fixable.

2. mauifrog

mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

Jan 21, 2010
    United States
    I have this wii that has a problem, been giving me issue for some time. It is an older wii, I softoded it, installed the homebrew channel, bootmii (installed as boot2), preloader, and such. Anyway the wii started giving be some issues playing some games a while back and I updated some ios to try to fix the problem with dop-mii, about a year or 2 ago. Ever since then anything I load just restarts the wii menu. This happens when ever I try to play a game, retail disc, the wii just restarts. The same thing happens when I try to load my wiiware games, purchased, the wii just restarts the menu. I don't get any error or anyting. The same thing was happening when I would try to load the HBC also. I had preloader and bootmii, I was able to load the HBC with those, but now it does not work. The wii was 4.0 or 4.1, and I try to update it to fix the problem with my Super Mario Galexy 2 disc, I disable some hack in preloader and let it update (this is bad I think). The wii did the update, but the issue was not fixed and now the HBC and preloader and bootmii are gone. So then I tried to update it again, but online this time. It did another update, now it is 4.3, but I still can not play anygames or wiiware or load any channels. I reinstalled the HBC with the letterbomb, installed HBC and bootmii. They installed fine, but I still can not load the HBC or anything else, the wii just restarts. Bootmii works and I can load the HBC from that and play games from my usb. How can I fix my wii menu? Any help?

3. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice