Hacking Wii shop

glosbob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have downgraded a 3.4e to a 3.2e which someone asked me to do for them. Everything works except for the wii shop. When I try to open it the wii goes back to the main menu. Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this please. I have done the normal ios51 fix but still does not work

Cheers

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No IOS50 would be what system menu 3.4 runs off of. Nothing to do with shop channel. IOS51 would be somewhat more accurate but still wrong as that was for the shop channel on 3.4. As 4.0 runs on IOS 60 the current IOS for the shop channel should be IOS61.

I think theres something called WiiSCU that you can use to take care of updating what you need for the shop channel though. Otherwise IOS61 should be what you're looking for I believe.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mmhmm...and oct 23rd was over half a year ago...

As I said now 4.0 is out and that runs off IOS60 meaning the current shop channel needs to run off IOS61 not IOS51 which was used when 3.4 was the latest firmware.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
glosbob said:
I have always used this method and it normally works fine
Yes because that was before the wii system was updated to 4.0 so even though you are on 3.2 you still need IOS 61 as already stated for the new Wii Shop Channel! Wiiscu is the best option as you can select what to install.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why are you not believing my advice when you're then one asking for it after this method that you "always" have used clearly is not working? IOS51 should have worked fine before 4.0 came out, but now that's not the most recent thing anymore and the shop channel doesn't run on it anymore. Just because you have always used that before doesn't mean it will always work. It's outdated.

You asked for how to get it to work. I'm telling you to look up WiiSCU to get that to do it or get IOS61 because IOS51 is outdated.

glosbob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok its not I am not believing you advice its a while since I last done on and the ios51 was the last ios i used. Are you saying that I need to just put ios61 on my sd card and run it like the ios51. Is there any other instructions like do I have to upgrade to 4.0. I don't mind doing that to my own but this one is somebody elses Many thanks

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can install IOS61 through your WAD Manager and enjoy the Shop Channel.
biggrin.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah as above stated you need the IOS61 its NINTY's efforts to force people to UPGRADE to 4.0 using the shop channel to request the update
frown.gif

If you never intend to use the SHOP CHANNEL then you can probably live without the update
smile.gif

If you need the SHOP CHANNEL then use the IOS61 wad updates through your wad manager like any other wad installation! .... the channel will/should be there without so long as you have the IOS 51 BUT ... will not work and scream out at you wanting you to update!
frown.gif

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
is linking to wiiSCU not allowed? It's just IOS's you can't link to right?
WiiSCU is probably fine, but I'm not sure... I know IOS files are a no no.

glosbob said:
So where can I download ios61 and WiiSCU
I guess my first sign wasn't large enough...

SublimeAndEtc said:
QUOTE(glosbob @ May 28 2009, 04:53 AM)
Any ideas where to download it from. many thanks
Google is your friend. We are not allowed to provide the information you are asking for.

So, here you go...
Google is your friend.
We are not allowed to provide the IOS information you are asking for.

Good day, sir.
biggrin.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well the first response in that 3rd thread I linked links to that wiiSCU page so it should be fine. I'll just leave it.

Anyways there it is bob, have fun.

glosbob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. It all works now. Thanks for all the help and advice. One more thing. My wii was updated months ago. It was originally downgraded from a 3.4 to 3.2. I have just checked the wii shop on mine and it asks for system update. When I originally sorted it I used ios51 and it didn't ask. What I need to know is can I update my shop so that it doesn't ask for an update.

Many thanks

D

Deleted User

ummm if i have ios 61 for shop do i really need ios 51 and could i delete it if i dont need it ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==