Wii settings messed up

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TheShadowEevee, Oct 18, 2018.

1. TheShadowEevee
    OP

TheShadowEevee Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2018
    United States
    So I homebrewers my wii a long time ago, and everything's gone great. But today I noticed an issue. I was setting up my wifi and tried to manually set security to "wap" and I entered the wifi password. But when i pressed confirm, I was meet with the message "point your wii remote at the tv and press plus and minus until you see only two blinking dots", the sensitivity message. Then it prompted for the password again! It would not let me past. I tried the other internet settings but they worked. So I went to check the sensitivity area. I opened the sensitivity menu, and I was met with the message "Enter a nickname for your wii console" then it put me on the sensitivity screen. I checked console nick but there was nothing interesting. I then opened wiiconnect24, and was met with "to use wiiconnect24 and the wii shop channel, please confirm user agreement." I already did that, but went there anyway, and when pressing the user agreement button, I got the same message blocking me from confirming again. Anyone know why this is happening or how to fix? I could flash my old nand backup with bootmii boot 2 but I want to avoid that if possible.

2. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
    Strange - I would try to redownload your system menu (correct version + region) via the NUS downloader. Pack it as WAD and install it via a WAD Manager. Since you have BootMii in boot2, there is no bricking risk involved.

3. TheShadowEevee
    OP

TheShadowEevee Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2018
    United States
    Alright, I'll try that.

4. TheShadowEevee
    OP

TheShadowEevee Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2018
    United States
    So I downloaded 4.3U (my system menu version) but multi mod manager says "Installing 1/1: RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v513.wad - Content 5/9(-1022)[This Is where it keeps stopping, 5 out if 9]"
    "[*] Final Status - 1 did not complete"

5. TheShadowEevee
    OP

TheShadowEevee Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2018
    United States
    Apparently the issue was content 5 not downloading right during install leaving me with half installed sysmenu. I was able to finish the installation though. Setting also appear to be fixed! Thanks! Also I was having internet issues and those are also fixed now!

Brawl345 likes this.