Hacking wii ripping

auriga1000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. not sure if this was written before but i tried the traditional wii ripping (using wii dump) and it was taking too long so i fired up clonecd on my pc and ripped a game in 15 minutes. converted the image with wii backup manager and copied to ext hdd and works perfectly. the trick is to open the cd drive and close it using clonecd to close the drive bay. that way the cd reads fine because windows is not interfering with the read process. hope this helps somebody. btw works for cd or dvd.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What do you mean with "works for cd"? I can confirm that clonecd is able to DETECT the disc using a special lg drive, but it's impossible to copy the disc. Do you realy mean a retail wii disc or a backup?

auriga1000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry only tried with backup cd on my regular lg drive. will try out a retail disc and repost. didn't know it made a difference but i'm learning all the time.
blush.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
auriga1000 said:
sorry only tried with backup cd on my regular lg drive. will try out a retail disc and repost. didn't know it made a difference but i'm learning all the time.
blush.gif
Yes, this will make a huge difference. Backups are regular DVD's with regular structur. Retail Wii and Gamecube DVD's are special ones with a different structur. Only wii's, gamecube's and special computer LG drives in combination with special programs can read them.

auriga1000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok . tried wii sports resort retail. clonecd was able to dump the file but , the file is 32GiGs. Wii game manager does not see the file at all. Wii backup manager does see the iso but says it is not Wii format. Hopefully limitations of these proggies? or epic fail
unsure.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
auriga1000 said:
ok . tried wii sports resort retail. clonecd was able to dump the file but , the file is 32GiGs. Wii game manager does not see the file at all. Wii backup manager does see the iso but says it is not Wii format. Hopefully limitations of these proggies? or epic fail
unsure.gif
Epic fail on your part.

The only ways (and most used/best ones) to properly dump a game is with RAWDump+the special LG-Drive (PC), or with CleanRip (Wii).

USBLoaders can also dump your game, but aren't that fast and most don't make a true 1:1 Image (nothing to worry about, it will work, it's just not true 1:1). Anything other won't work, simple as that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: prime deez nuts