Hacking wii reset and update

traderman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys i need some help here i installed the twilight hack ages ago and the wii has been an ornament since, the other half bought just dance 2 but it wont play and as i dont have any copies to play i formatted the wii.. when it restarted it went to preloader and nothing else no health screen, so i reinstaled preloader 0.28 and i now have a health screen and able to play old original games... SO NOW CAN I JUST UPDATE the wii or will preloader stop me or brick my wii... please help me guys she is doin me head in big time ... many thanks guys
angry.gif

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure you can update with dopmii wiibrew edition & also get MMM [MultiModManager] to install any wad or ios you may need.

or use dopmii to install both ios and new sys menu.

if you use dopmii to install sysmenu it will mention about preserving preloader but you should update to priiloader either way it goes it's advised to reinstall pre(ii)loader after you install your new sys menu and no need to update boot2 this is all you have to do and all your soft mods will still be just make sure you have the latest hbc that's all. it will tell you if you have the proper ios for your new SysMenu to so just install it if you dont and then do a offline install of the new sysmenu.

i did an online install and everything worked out fine.

smile.gif
let me know if you need more info just please your new best apps for updating your wii are MMM & Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition i would also suggest getting ios236 which is a ios36 installed into slot 236 so your can keep a non patched version of ios36 for compatibility reasons however i think priiloader 6.1b requires it to be patched still

traderman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys ...but can i not just update from wii online without using any mods so as wii goes back to factory settings...????

traderman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update i went for my option which was to upgrade the wii via the internet and now on 4.3e with no issues so problem resolved...thanks for any help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY