Wii Remote not working. (some)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by zbeast, May 16, 2013.

1. zbeast
    OP

zbeast Trying to Figure Out ModMii

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2013
    United States
    Maine
    I have a weird problem.
    What is happening is when I use SOME Wii controllers and launce a USB-Loader the controller shuts off. Nothing makes them work. If you pull the battery and try to use it the lights flash once then the remote goes dead again. If I use a generic controller all is fine. Has anyone else seen this? And does anyone know a work around.?
    I have new batteries and have tried all the standard trouble shooting tricks. I only does this with some official Wii remotes. It is almost like something is telling the controller to shut off. Under normal conditions when the USB loader launches the remotes go off then come right back on. But with these remotes they never come back on, in fact no matter what button you push not a single led will flash or come one. Only pulling the battery makes the LEDs light and only one flash then they go out. If you take one of the generic remotes and exit the USB loader the official Wii remote just comes right back on and works like nothing had happened. You can even use it to launch the USB loader again using the official controller and as soon as the loader is ready the official remote no longer works again and all LEDs are off again.

2. CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Controller too new, Loader too old. Update loader, should be fine.

3. zbeast
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2013
    United States
    Maine
    I am using the one that comes with MODMII the one that puts the loader in the channel area. Is there a way to get an updated WAD.

4. zbeast
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2013
    United States
    Maine
    Dah that is all I had to do. Thanks.

5. zbeast
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2013
    United States
    Maine
    OK this is getting weird. I updates the loader and all is well on that end. Now I have a new problem. When I go to the Home Brew Browser and download items like games and utilities here is what happens. The utilities all work great. The games however will not work. One of three things happens. 1. The system locks up. 2. The games load and none of my controllers works. and 3. the game starts to load and then goes back to the HBC. I have used modmii and system check and it says all is well.
    Can anyone give me some direction on this one.
    Thanks