Wii Remote buttons do nothing while trying to play.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by allterran, Dec 21, 2010.

1. allterran
    OP

Newcomer allterran Member

United States
    I have been searching for 2 days now for a solution both here and on google. My problem is, when I play either Goldeneye 007 or Dragonball Revenge of king Piccollo, none of the buttons except for the home button work on my wiimote. Both games ask me if I want to create save data but no button presses advance me past this screen. My Wii is softmodded with CIOS 222,223,249 system menu 4.2, latest HBC. (Not sure which version CIOS's are.) I'm thinking that I'm missing an IOS or need to update one but am not sure. I even tried copying them to my HDD for use with Wiiflow, and get the same outcome. I don't know if it makes a difference but I load the game disc's through Neogamma to avoid the update since I don't have priiloader installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Try unplugging any gamecube controllers. I know that for Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, having a Gamecube controller in port 1 causes the game to only check for input from there, i.e. not responding to Wiimote until the controller is unplugged.

EDIT: Ohh, use StartPatch to disable the disc updates, that way you can launch them right from the menu. And DO get priiloader. It's AMAZING.

3. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Goldeneye 007 will do the same.

4. allterran
    OP

Newcomer allterran Member

United States
    Thank you for the help, it was that I had a GC controller in slot 1. I was playing Worms 3D for GC the night before. I'm glad it was a simple fix. And I plan on installing Priiloader now. Thanks again!