Wii Permanently Bricked? PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by NateTrudeau802, May 27, 2015.

1. NateTrudeau802
    OP

NateTrudeau802 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2014
    United States
    VT
    Hey guys I wanted to use CTGP-R on my Wii but it said I needed system menu 4.3 so I went on DOP-Mii and tried to update it but DOP-Mii crashed and then I watched a video that said something about removing IOS stubs so I installed some new IOS and then tried DOP-Mii again, but it crashed again, then when I turned off my wii and tried to turn it back on it didn't work. I have a NAND backup of my wii somewhere on my old computer and I had priiloader installed but whenever I hold reset I get nothing. I thought that I had BootMii as IOS or whatever so it loads up whenever I turn my wii on but I guess not. My wii is still on 4.1 and I don't really know what the problem is. Is it permanently screwed? Any help/info/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Nater

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    priiloader has been removed if you installed (or tried to install?) a new system menu.
    if you don't have Bootmii installed as Boot2, you can't unbrick is without a hardware flasher :(
    (if you have bootmii on boot2, remove the SD card, boot the wii and see the light. If it flashes 2 time quickly then you are saved! if not then your wii is bricked)

or maybe with a modchip (less hassle than soldering to NAND) and use a disc with autoboot flag (I think you need to edit the first byte of the ISO and burn it on a DVDR)
    But you will need a console compatible with burned discs too.

There is also a "savemii" thing that I vaguely remember. something to do on a modded gamecube controller to trigger a hidden menu.

About CTGP:
    no homebrew should require a specific system menu version.
    When a program is loaded in memory (game, homebrew, etc.) the system menu is unloaded and not in memory anymore.
    the system menu is like a homebrew itself, you launch it or not. it's only an application. none of it's files are used or needed by anything else.

if a homebrew tells you that you need 4.3, it's probably because you are missing a IOS (IOS58 maybe? IOS62?)
    Or that you buned it as disc and tried to launch the game from system menu's disc channel without priiloader's antiupdate patch?

I don't know what you really did to trigger an update or requirement message..

Stub IOS are "IOS not used by nintendo anymore". You don't need to edit/change/delete them. just let them be there, they don't take any spaces on your NAND.

Following video ? ..... very very very bad choice.
    NEVER EVER use youtube as tutorial or guide or help for hacking.
    As on the forum, ask the developers, but never noob on youtube :(

3. NateTrudeau802
    OP

NateTrudeau802 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2014
    United States
    VT
    Thanks for the help Cyan! I'm just gonna buy another Wii, white one this time so I can get boot2

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning