Hardware Wii/NeoGamma SDHC compatibility ?

Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
I've installed the NeoGamma channel to my Wii (with a 3.0 fw at that time), and wanted to play games from my SDHC. So I formated the SDHC to WBFS, put my games on it, and then on NeoGamma it would display the game list one time out of 10 tries. But then when I launch them it would say "connection to WBFS lost". Everytime.
Then I saw that the sdhc is supported only with fw 4.0 and above. So I updated to 4.0 with Waninoko's updater, but it still doesn't work.

Is every Wii compatible with SDHC ? Because I thought it was not only a software issue, and that a hardware compatible with SD is not necessarily compatible with SDHC (old DS flashcarts are a good example). Do I have to do something else to make NeoGamma read good the SDHC ?

evoo1

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm having the same problem with a Kingston 16GB (class 4, made in japan). I tried all the backup loaders and the only one that somehow recognizes it is NeoGamma.
Neogamma will read the games I put on my SDHC card, but upon booting them I get "Connection to WBFS lost".

What does work though is installing WADs from the SDHC card via WAD Manager, and also loading installed Channels onto the SDHC card and booting them from there.
So obviously this is not a Wii problem, it has to do something with the homebrews
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.