Wii NAND

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by chillyloop, Nov 2, 2010.

1. chillyloop
    OP

chillyloop GBAtemp Regular

Oct 6, 2008
    If I backup my Wii NAND before I do the 4.3 soft mod and my wii just happens to brick, would I be able to fix it? I don't think anything will go wrong but modding my wii kinda scares me a bit. Any advice?

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    if u can install bootmii as boot2, yes, u will be able to recover. If u cannot install bootmii as boot2, but only as IOS, having a nand backup means you can recover from any brick using an infectus modchip, but its a complicated process and I would recommend just mailing the wii to deadlyfoez@yahoo.com if you ever encounter that situation (it will cost less than actually buying an infectus anyways, and infectus are hard to find now too). However, if u happen to have priiloader installed and a nand backup, u should be able to recover from most bricks without having to use an infectus (as long as u don't screw up your system menu or system menu IOS).

But basically, if u use either of the stickied guides on this forum, u should be very safe. As long as u follow the instructions exactly, the only risk u face would be losing power during the installation of a vital file (ie. system menu, system menu IOS, or priiloader)... so all in all, as long as u follow a good guide, it is VERY safe.

And once u complete the softmod, and have a nand backup and priiloader installed, u are VERY safe as long as u don't uninstall or stub your system menu IOS or system menu.

3. chillyloop
    OP

chillyloop GBAtemp Regular

Oct 6, 2008
    Thanks [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice