mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wii Mod Lite (a mod version from original Wii Mod)
==================================
1. Support vWii (and Wii) AHBPROT
2. Support to install wad from USB device
3. Disable IOS patch/delete/install functions (for vWii)
4. Disable "Region Changer"
wiimodlite.jpg

File is available here
Why disable ios patch/delete/install functions for vWii? Why not only disable nus/wad ios installs, but enable ios patching and installs from the ios on nand to any slot and patch you like?

Can we not edit the region settings in vWii?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
@airline38 I can't thank you enough for continuing development as lite as it may be with Wii Mod <<<-- sorry for the bad joke lol. After version 2.7 I was never able to access my USB, so I continued to use 2.7 when I needed to use files from USB and would use 3.2 with my SD card files. I won't be able to test with my HDD until tomorrow night but I have high hopes that finally I'll be able to use Wii Mod for just about all my modding needs, WAD installations and app-loading if I want to.

If the USB bug for my HDD is fixed, would you be able to compile Wii Mod with it's full feature list with the bug fix? I use the advanced menu often for any title deleter among other things so it would be amazing if you could. Of course it's understandable if you cannot or don't have the time. I thank you for what you've provided for us already. I have a lot of testing and gaming to do tomorrow so I better get some sleep.

And has anybody heard from Jskyboo lately? Where the hell are u Jskyboo!? lol How did the move go? Hope all is well bud, and hope 2 c u out here every now and then.

btw @mauifrog I went a couple of pages back to catch up with the thread and saw the semi-recent rescue of Denton's Wii to the modding community. Just wanted to say thanks, I'm not Denton but I hacked my Wii, with your guide on WiiHacks many years ago and it started me on an upward spiral of Wii Homebrew Scene goodness. I firmly believe you are the king when it comes to modding the Wii. You have unparalleled knowledge as can be said by the probably thousands of people you've helped with your thread and others over the years. Thank you!

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
If the USB bug for my HDD is fixed, would you be able to compile Wii Mod with it's full feature list with the bug fix? I use the advanced menu often for any title deleter among other things so it would be amazing if you could. Of course it's understandable if you cannot or don't have the time. I thank you for what you've provided for us already. I have a lot of testing and gaming to do tomorrow so I better get some sleep.
Any title deleter is included in the "Lite" version.(Any Title Manager)

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Any title deleter is included in the "Lite" version.(Any Title Manager)
WAD installer and anytitle deleter work fantastic. Thank you. Something does seem to be wrong with my forwarder though, whenever I attempt to use lenneth's forwarder with my modified sound, WiiMod Lite always starts with a red bar across the top and changing IOS does not change the color. Maybe I should test the original forwarder and check if it does the same thing. I'd prefer a forwarder since it's something I'll be using often and I won't have to open up the HBC and scroll through many pages.

Wanted to report that I seem to be having issues with the apploader as well. Here's a pic of where the app freezes for me, it doesn't do it with all homebrew just a few I've tried.
WiiModLiteapploaderfreeze_zps979ba93c.jpg
The cut off part says "Jumping to ep now..." and it just stays there and I have to do a hard reset of the console. My apologies for ultra-shitty quality.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
WAD installer and anytitle deleter work fantastic. Thank you. Something does seem to be wrong with my forwarder though, whenever I attempt to use lenneth's forwarder with my modified sound, WiiMod Lite always starts with a red bar across the top and changing IOS does not change the color. Maybe I should test the original forwarder and check if it does the same thing. I'd prefer a forwarder since it's something I'll be using often and I won't have to open up the HBC and scroll through many pages.

Wanted to report that I seem to be having issues with the apploader as well. Here's a pic of where the app freezes for me, it doesn't do it with all homebrew just a few I've tried.

The cut off part says "Jumping to ep now..." and it just stays there and I have to do a hard reset of the console. My apologies for ultra-shitty quality.

I suggest you should try the original forwarder. It works fine for me.

As for the apploader, it should be ok for most of the apps because I didn't
change anything for this portion.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks I'll try the original forwarder.

Postloader and HBC both load with blue bar but my apploading continues to freeze. SaveGame_manager_gx.boot.dol freezes with no message as well as genplu-gx, I've reproduced it several times. No big deal, I could always exit and launch through PL or HBC or any of my forwarders. Weird though how the apploader is behaving for me, is there anything I can do to help debug? If your not interested in trying I understand ;)

Lol so far the only app that launched correctly for me was tidiiup which found nothing useless.

Reactions: LinkFan16

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Thanks I'll try the original forwarder.

Postloader and HBC both load with blue bar but my apploading continues to freeze. SaveGame_manager_gx.boot.dol freezes with no message as well as genplu-gx, d ;)

Lol so far the only app that launched correctly for me was tidiiup which found nothing useless.

I will take a look at the source code.(for apploader)

MasterChaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm new to wii modding and have one problem with most likely config and installing in general
when turning on wii u opening homebrew in vwii I can see wiimod as an option but after clicking it and selecting load screen goes black

The folder wiimod located in wiimod v3.2/card/apps/wiimod has been moved to sd:/apps This I know adds the wiimod app to the homebrew channel and is the first step of configuring that jskyboo listed

there is another folder wiimod located in wiimod v3.2/src/apps/wiimod which I'm not sure where it needs to go I'm assuming under my wads folder but am unsure

searched the thread for an answer do not mean to bug anyone just want to do this right and not brick up the system if there is already a more in depth tutorial a link would be greatly appreciated :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: It's likely gonna be a bear in a catsuit