jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
You folks are hilarious. dCiSo has been developing this app for a while now with the help of some well-known #wiidev regulars. It is 100% real. Of course, you go ahead and believe what you will, since you all obviously know better.

The reason registration is closed on his forum is because some lamers decided to hack his site and several others in the scene in an attempt to extort the code for Wii Miidia from him. Probably some of the same wankers complaining about it here. As was already stated, Wii development isn't his full time job so you might have to wait a while until it's finished. Get over it. If you don't like it, feel free to use your mad Wii development skills to code your own media player. Lol, calm down, 6 months on and NOTHING.... you were saying.

LOL true though
QUOTE said:
Wii Miidia isn't out yet. Never going to be released, probably the so called coder, author isn't even attempting it, full of Sh*t!!
This was the last quote from the author of the software from the console-scene forum:

Sorry I have not updated the thread in awhile. Have alot of things going on right now that are taking all of my time. Some Good/Bad news is I have given all my source to a few of the common names people may know out there to try and get it finished and continue it from there just encase something unexpected happens. I will work on it as time permits as well as the others I am sure will be able to handle all of this a bit better

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
jservs7 said:
Sorry I have not updated the thread in awhile. Have alot of things going on right now that are taking all of my time. Some Good/Bad news is I have given all my source to a few of the common names people may know out there to try and get it finished and continue it from there just encase something unexpected happens. I will work on it as time permits as well as the others I am sure will be able to handle all of this a bit better

when did he do that post?

lat297

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
jservs7 said:

when did he do that post?

dCiSo is full of it:
1) no beta release, no video, no actual screenshots, in more than half a year
2) apparently source given to some 'people' to work on 'if they want to'
3) no one else appears to have come forward to corroborate this
4) dCiSo cannot release source because his PC is 'in an evidence locker'
5) by his own admission, when he sorts out his 'legal situation' he may not want to work on this

The truth is so obvious I'm amazed anyone is still defending him. The net is full of developers who work full time and do this sort of homebrew in the spare time - where does dCiSo think that all the other homebrew apps and emulators came from? Having a full time job is a means to an end, not an excuse for not doing something - otherwise the web would be practically empty.

People who support him complain that us non-believers serve no purpose in bashing him - well I disagree. If you go out there and fake homebrew that *everyone* is waiting for, then string them along for months and months with excuse after lame excuse about having to 'start from scratch', 'not use linux anymore', etc etc etc, then you are the one who is wasting everyone's time.

Why am I so angry? Because it hurts to believe in something for so long and then suddenly realise you've been made a fool of. dCiSo could defend himself if he were genuine, but I guess he will only ever do one of two things: ignore everyone or come up with yet another lame excuse.

lat297

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, and before I forget: the entry in Digg for this was dug 4 times. Funnily, they're all people who support him on his forum, and 1 of the diggs is himself.

Enough said.

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimiidia is probably the worst excuse for shitty vaporware that i've ever seen. The "development thread" was on his site and he was simply trying to drive traffic to it. and it worked, for a while. dCiSo, no one likes you. kill yourself

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
dCiSo, no one likes you. kill yourself
little harsh, but you're right, wii2 will be out before this lol...i personally think he started the media app, and it failed...badly and he gave up
tongue.gif

lat297

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
dCiSo, no one likes you. kill yourself
little harsh, but you're right, wii2 will be out before this lol...i personally think he started the media app, and it failed...badly and he gave up
tongue.gif

Yeah, the 'kill yourself' bit may be a bit harsh, mate ;-) TBH I just hate being lied to - it's like finding out Michael Jackson really is a complete duff all along, after supporting him for years, or being told that Pepsi is actually Coca Cola in a different bottle, or the meat in a Big Mac really is beef...

As for Wii2... I can't wait to see what crazy peripheral they come up with next. I'm hoping for mind control 3d glasses, but I may be aiming the bar a little high
unsure.gif

Blob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heh so this is the so called fake app? I've been g00glin' round a bit and wonderin why in the heck isn't mplayer more robust? Just like the USBLoader apps out there w/ the ability to display / render thumbnails for each game.... Why not the same for our xvid collections? w/ MPlayerCE?
blink.gif
Is there some kind of limitation that the Wii has when it comes to doing that for xvids as there doesn't seem to be for the games... So I g00gled round and found this app... Now damn... That will complete our Wiis and the good ole Xbox will be obsolete for sure if this app actually exists and runs on the Wii.

Got to see that old page where it orginated from... Thanks to good ole Wayback / archives... Tho I cannot see the broken files that some user was able to successfully download... I wouldn't mind getting ahold of these broken files I don't care if they work or not I just wanna see how he got it to work or at least get a idea and then maybe attempt myself to pick off where he left off if it actually does exist that is...
unsure.gif

http://web.archive.org/web/20080519165308/...v0-1-alpha.html

Sorry bout bringin back like a apprx year old thread!!!
blink.gif

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Wii Miidia had actually been worked on, no matter what anyone says. Bushing had a test version of it in this video. No actual footage of the program but it probably wouldn't be there if nothing was done, right?

Blob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
roku93 said:
Wii Miidia had actually been worked on, no matter what anyone says. Bushing had a test version of it in this video. No actual footage of the program but it probably wouldn't be there if nothing was done, right?
True.... Yet... Why isn't there a package of it floating around on a publicly accessible page? I've googled every possible combiation of Wii Miidia I suspect I'd be able to find it if someone'd kindly paste the filename.rar or whatever ;-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: