Hacking Wii Miidia v01alpha2.5

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally would LOVE to see this happen, on his notes on his site he says he plans to add USB support but for now you can stream files which is perfect! id love to have it, i hope he finishes it. This application IS still on wiibrew, but its under the "under development" page, along with a wiichat server and a pc prog that will create channels and add banners for you. none have downloads yet

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You could use Orb and stream media from your Wii to your computer wirelessly to anywhere you have an internet connection. Best thing is, the only limit for storage of the movies/tv shows/pictures/music is the HD space on your computer.

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
I personally would LOVE to see this happen, on his notes on his site he says he plans to add USB support but for now you can stream files which is perfect! id love to have it, i hope he finishes it. This application IS still on wiibrew, but its under the "under development" page, along with a wiichat server and a pc prog that will create channels and add banners for you. none have downloads yet
WADit was going to be released Saturday...3 Saturdays ago

abort_user

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im pretty sure its fake. supposedly the alpha was given out. if it was, wed have found it by now. also it hyped having many features for it just being alpha. wiibrew has taken it off their list of applications.

i would like for something similar to this to be made. im sure something will be someday. i just dont think this guy is making it.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
You could use Orb and stream media from your Wii to your computer wirelessly to anywhere you have an internet connection. Best thing is, the only limit for storage of the movies/tv shows/pictures/music is the HD space on your computer.

Yeah, I used to use that for music, it's a really useful website. Not to mention you can download the movies and MP3s straight onto other people's PCs through the webpage as well. Very useful. But video playback quality is horrible. Not to mention it's windowed. It's honestly not worth watching a video through that. Of course, the advantage being all the codecs work and there's no space limit. Perhaps if it could be done over LAN it would be more useful...

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoCalSRH said:
FAKE until proven real. this same exact scenario already played out with the supposed 'wii dvd player' that some noob 'wiivision' was supposed to have been working on. the guy had an 'alter-ego' second screen name which he claimed was one of his friends, but it was really him posting. he made up excuse after excuse after excuse, posted fake 'screenshots', fake videos, and eventually ripped off an unfortunate user who posts at wiinewz that sent him 2 wii's to mod. fucked up huh? then by chance a few months later a real wii dvd player was released by an entirely different team that didn't say shit about it before releasing it. that's how real devs work. they don't hype their shit before it's released (excluding bushing/twiizers), they release it and take their moment in the spotlight only after people have had a chance to use it. i will never understand what motivates fucking liars to make up a huge line of bullshit and then drag it on and on and on and then when everyone knows it's bullshit and will never trust these assholes again, they go an create a new 'identity' on the net and do it all over again. it's fuckin' sad really. i'm not saying dciso is wiivision. i'm also not saying i know for certain that it is fake. but this shit is identical in every way and the chance that it is fake just seems more likely than not in my opinion.
nvm,
But i agree, Wii Miidia seems like bullshit

davidw89

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys lets be patient and wait for the guy to release the official version.

i wonder if Wii Miidia supports wireless streaming from computer to Wii (no i don't want to use Orb)

Mysticcal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
davidw89 said:

i wonder if Wii Miidia supports wireless streaming from computer to Wii (no i don't want to use Orb)

I'm feeling a putup or shutup about this, if he cannot release something except BS in forum posts and a stupid small thumbnail of nothing, there isn't anything there, this is a joke and it's honestly taking view off of real projects that should be getting funding (if any)

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mysticcal said:
davidw89 said:

I'm feeling a putup or shutup about this, if he cannot release something except BS in forum posts and a stupid small thumbnail of nothing, there isn't anything there, this is a joke and it's honestly taking view off of real projects that should be getting funding (if any)
i think he's using it to draw attention to his site, console-scene.info

iby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
killplaystation said:
Mysticcal said:
davidw89 said:

See problem with this is after everyone knows that he was lying, no one will visit his site anymore, so I dont think thats it. My guess is he was planning on this, and was speculating that he will be done on a certain date and came across some problems. thats my take, I could be way off.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iby said:
killplaystation said:
Mysticcal said:
davidw89 said:

See problem with this is after everyone knows that he was lying, no one will visit his site anymore, so I dont think thats it. My guess is he was planning on this, and was speculating that he will be done on a certain date and came across some problems. thats my take, I could be way off.

That's because that's what he said on console-scene. But he's always on there posting about how to implement new features, but never actually claims to make progress.

davidw89

Trophies
XP
Country
lol yeah console scene is bugged (like you cant register on the fourm)
oh well let's hope this isn't a dupe..iam waiting anxiously for it:)

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
just watch the below thread,
http://www.console-scene.info/forums/wii-h...v0-1-alpha.html
it was indeed released in early saturday but as a zip archive with a broken rar inside. Do not try it with the "keep broken files" option or anything. It's not something. And of course do not try it on your wii
smile.gif
dCiSo may be a talented developer if the project is real but either way he does a good job of making himself sound like a self-important brat.

A wii xmbc would be pretty neat. but there's no need to dress it up like this. Hey, creating some drama is creating some good publicity, so gj on that dCiSo. I wouldn't have gone out of my way to visit the console-scene otherwise.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
JKR Firefox said:

orb seem to make my windows crash if i try to stream from the wii... i have no idea why though...

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to start work on making MFE better in lew of this project obviously being an epic failure so far. MFE works good, it just needs a few simple upgrades to be excellent like Wiimote support and possibly HDD support. That's where dCiSo lost everyone. He was (supposedly) attempting to add so many new features that it's taking him FOREVER (I personally think it will end like OoT 2D). Just add Wiimote support -> Release, add HDD support -> Release, add Streaming Support -> Release...... work on one thing at a time. As long as people see progress then you wont be called a liar like dCiSo is.

campioni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jinxvorheeze said:
I would like to start work on making MFE better in lew of this project obviously being an epic failure so far.

How do you know it's a failure? It hasn't even been released! And that is not a failure, these kind of media centers are not done in a day, otherwise there'd be alot of 'em floating around already. What is he supposed to do? Release a non-working version? What the hell is that gonna do? If YOU would like to start working on a new MFE why don't YOU start doing that?

QUOTE(jinxvorheeze @ Jun 16 2008, 05:47 PM) MFE works good, it just needs a few simple upgrades to be excellent like Wiimote support and possibly HDD support. That's where dCiSo lost everyone. He was (supposedly) attempting to add so many new features that it's taking him FOREVER (I personally think it will end like OoT 2D). Just add Wiimote support -> Release, add HDD support -> Release, add Streaming Support -> Release...... work on one thing at a time. As long as people see progress then you wont be called a liar like dCiSo is.

If MFE really just need a few updates, and those updates are so simple, why don't you update it? You obviously can't wait for an app like this, since you say it takes this guy "forever", which is ridiculous. He hasn't lost anyone either, because especially people like you will flock to the app once it sees the light of day.

A far as I know (based on the thread linked in this one) the guy is recoding the whole video code, which is taking some time. It's the way to go, because it can be more stable and have better performance. If you just want the old MFE with WiiMote support slapped onto it then just do it yourself, seriously. Can't do it? Well then STFU and stop calling people liars and their projects fake (talking to everyone here, not just to jinxvorheeze).

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL. Nice... I said I would like to start work on making MFE better. And that's what I'm going to do. And for your information... I said it's been a failure SO FAR. How anyone can take such a stance against me for wishing he would release a little at a time. I personally hope dCiSo proves me wrong and releases a great project. UNTIL THEN we already have a very good media player that does just need a few good upgrades. As for flaming me about not being able to do it, you can go fuck yourself. You don't know me. I never said dCiSo couldn't do it. I said that after months of him working on it and not having a single real screenshot, and the alpha he released was corrupted. After so long, he should have SOME progress. But he never has made ANY progress that he can prove, he keeps pushing it farther and farther back. In the past, when this happens, it usually turn out to be a bullshit project. The homebrew scene isn't based on talk, it's based on action. Real developers speak with action. He knows its an anticipated release, and he should take his time and make it great, but he should be able to pull a PoC or a video off after months of working, even a screenshot but there isn't any. And I stand by my statement that as long as people see progress then you wont be called a liar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out